Abu Dhabi is a land of luxurious lifestyles, distinctive architecture and many out-of-the-world experiences. The capital of the UAE is also a glowing example of road safety measures that guarantees advanced infrastructure and stringent regulations for the well-being of its residents. The city offers round-the-clock bus services with excellent connectivity for passengers. But it's not ideal to hit the bustling streets of the beautiful city without having a Hafilat card.
We at CARS24 are here to save the day. Here's an in-depth guide on what is Hafilat card, various types of cards, what's the process to recharge and how to benefit from it. Without any brakes, let's get started so that you can be the next savvy passenger in Abu Dhabi.
What is Hafilat Card?
Gone are the days of using traditional payment methods. Welcome the new Hafilat card into your life and say hello to stress-free travel. A Hafilat card is an electronic card widely used for paying bus fares as a money token in Abu Dhabi. The card automatically detects the passenger's journey details, and the user needs to swipe to add each trip.
Read More : How To Protect Your Car In Wet Weather
Benefits of a Hafilat Card
You can recharge the Hafilat card at the comfort of your home, top-up at your fingertips and do so much if you constantly travel in Abu Dhabi. That's why the benefits of using a Hafilat card are endless, and here's how you can keep track of it too:-
- Offers discounted fares for passengers
- Tracks and manage travel expenses
- Provides hassle-free boarding times
- Easy to carry anytime, anywhere
- Reduces the effort of having paper tickets
Types of Hafilat Card
There are commonly six types of Hafilat cards depending on various needs. The category is based on frequency and services. Here's a breakdown of Hafilat cards for each category, along with the necessary details to keep in mind:-
- Contactless Smart Ticket CST: This is a new-gen temporary smart card that is free of cost and valid for a month from the date of purchase.
- Anonymous Smart CSC: A permanent card available for all citizens at only AED 10 with a validity of five years.
- Contactless Smart Card Personalised CSC: This card can be used permanently and is available for AED 10, having a validity of five years.
- Senior Citizen Smart CSC: The special senior citizen card costs only AED 5 and is used for a period of five years.
- Smart Card Special Needs/Disabled CSC: The cost of this card is AED 5, with a duration of five years for usage.
- Contactless Smart Card Students: The card offers discounted fares for students and is available for a validity of up to five years, costing AED 5.
Types of Hafilat Passes
Using a Hafilat card has many advantages. It comes with passes that offer different durations and benefits for regular commuters to travel frequently in the city. Here are a few standard issue variants.
Valid for regional buses and transport, it is a widely used electronic wallet beneficial to load money while travelling. T-Purse is exclusively for passengers in Abu Dhabi city for regional buses. They are available in Ticket Office Machine counters, Ticket Vending Machines, and Banknote Reloader devices. The regular fare for using a T-Purse wallet is as follows:-
- Regional services - The boarding charge is 2 AED + 5 fils/kilometre
- Express/intercity service - The boarding charge is 2 AED + 10fils/kilometre
A weekly pass, as the name suggests, is available for a period of 7 days. You can do the Hafilat recharge once every week and enjoy unlimited access to bus trips in Abu Dhabi.
- The cost of the pass is 30 AED per week
- Available at ticket office machine counters and ticket vending machines
Hafilat Monthly Pass is a pass that offers unlimited access to frequent bus trips. One can roam easily since it is valid for 30 days from the date of purchase.
- The Hafilat Monthly pass cost is 80 AED.
- It can be collected from the Ticket Office Machine counters and Ticket Vending Machines.
Hafilat Pass for Seniors Citizens
Designed for senior citizens, the pass gives endless access to bus trips in Abu Dhabi city and regional services. The Hafilat Pass for the elderly is valid for one year. The pass must be renewed annually and are readily available at all Ticket Office Machine counters in all bus stations/terminals. A list of documents you need for the Hafilat Senior Citizen Pass is mentioned below:
- Valid UAE ID
- Copy of Resident Visa
- Copy of lease contract
Hafilat Special Needs/Disabled Pass
This a Hafilat pass that gives unlimited access to bus trips in Abu Dhabi city for the specially-abled. It's valid for a period of 1 year and can be renewed only if the following documents are valid
- Valid UAE ID
- Valid certified medical card/report
Read More : Essential Tyre Care Tips
Where to Buy Hafilat Card in Abu Dhabi?
It's easy to purchase Hafilat Cards since it's available at authorised sales outlets. We've put together various locations within the city from where you can purchase a Hafilat Card:-
Hafilat Card is available for purchase at several stations across Abu Dhabi. These stations have dedicated ticket sales counters or kiosks where one can easily buy or do a Hafilat card recharge.
Ticket Vending Machines
The city has many bus stations with ticket vending machines to purchase a Hafilat Card. You can also purchase from key hubs used for transportation. Ticket machines are great to buy such cards since they offer options to pay via credit/debit card.
Since Hafliat cards are of utmost significance for the residents of Abu Dai, it's also accessible from retailers like departmental stores, supermarkets and kiosks. Ask the staff at such locations to check if the Hafilat card is available or not.
Customer Service Centers
The Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT) has customer service centres which is a favourable option to buy Hafilat Cards. Such centres provide 24/7 assistance related to public transportation and are also equipped with other types of cards.
How to Recharge Hafilat Card Online?
Hafilat card is quite convenient to recharge. The smart card is handy for commuters to pay for their bus transportation services. The Hafilat online card recharge is done in a number of ways, and recently The Department of Municipality and Transport's Integrated Transport Centre have launched many online updates so that users can do the transaction process hassle-free.
Step 1: Log onto the Hafilat Online Services Website
Once you are on the homepage of the Hafilat recharge website, you can view a window that will help you to log in. You can also pay your fines, register and recharge your card. If you are in no mood for creating a user account, you can also just recharge and top-up your Hafilat card
Step 2: Enter all the necessary details
The details are crucial to recharge your Hafilat card. Be mindful while filling them. Enter your serial card number. It will be on the back of your Hafilat card. The system will have numbers supplied previously. So, you need to make sure the page is displaying a green check mark before going to the next step.
Step 3: Select the amount for top-up
You can view your current balance in the details tab. Select the recharge option and enter your amount by choosing it from the drop-down menu. Make your selection and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Add the amount to the basket
You will receive a message that says, 'Product was added to your cart', where you can view and make the transaction. From here on, you will be redirected to the payment page.
Step 5: Make your payment
You will have to enter your card details and follow the steps to make the online remittance, similar to other payments you do on other websites. Enter your one-time password to confirm and make the payment.
Step 6: Receive confirmation message
Now at the last step, you will get your order number along with a confirmation and text message. The credit will reflect in the next 48-72 hours in your card balance.
How to Recharge Hafilat Card Offline?
The offline process for recharging a Hafilat Card can be chaotic. However, following the step-by-step process mentioned below is not much of a task. Try it out now:-
- Visit the authorised sales outlet that offers Hafilat card recharge. They are mainly bus stations, vending machines, retailer outlets and service centres for customers.
- Once you have arrived at the right sales outlet, ask the designated recharge counter.
- Inform the staff at the centre how much you want to recharge and provide them with the card. The staff will update your top-up accordingly.
- Once the process is complete, the staff will give you your Hafilat card back along with the new balance.
Read More : HOW TO RECHARGE A SALIK ACCOUNT IN DUBAI
How to check your Hafilat Card Balance?
Frequent commuters can recharge their Hafilat balance from ticket vending machines or counters. They can also use the online services in Abu Dhabi to top up or check their Hafilat card balance. Follow the steps below to check do a proper Hafilat card recharge check:-
- First, you have to visit http://hafilat.darb.ae/
- Then choose the option to recharge your Hafilat card.
- You will be redirected to another page - https://hafilat.darb.ae/AnonymousMedia/Default.aspx
- Enter the serial number of your card.
- Press Ok. Additionally, if you want to recharge, use this screen to do so.
- Select the recharge option according to your amount.
- Make the payment through your card - debit or credit.
- The top-up will show your recharge after the payment concludes.
Hafilat Card Machine Locations
For purchasing the Hafilat card, recharging the balance and asking queries about travel routes, you can visit these convenient places located in Abu Dhabi:-
- City's main bus terminal,
- Abu Dhabi International Airport,
- Bani Yas bus station,
- Mussafah bus station,
- Shahama bus station,
- Al Sila bus station,
- Ghayathi bus station,
- Liwa bus station,
- Madinat Zayed bus station.
This in-depth guide about Hafilat cards will be an added advantage if you love travelling by bus. Be aware of all the methods and check the necessary guidelines by the government to make sure you're one step ahead of being a responsible citizen in Abu Dhabi.
What is the Hafilat card minimum balance?
A simple, smart Hafilat card requires a minimum balance of 10 AED and can be used on a daily basis by travellers who like to travel to places in Abu Dhabi using a bus.
How to renew the Hafilat card?
You should visit a Hafilat customer service center to renew the card. Provide the documents and pay the renewal fee. The customer representative will hand over the card after it's done.
Can I get a Hafilat card refund?
Yes, you can get a refund for the remaining balance on your Hafilat Card. To request a refund, you must visit the customer service centre, fill out the refund request form, give the necessary details and get your refund in 3-5 days.
What is the price of a Hafilat Card?
Registration fee for students, seniors and disabled people is AED 5. However, the registration fee is AED 10 for applying for a Hafilat Card.
Check Out High-Quality Used Cars With CARS24!