Learning License Renewal Delhi – Online & Offline Procedure
Delhi is one of the fastest moving cities in India with thousands of career-driven people calling it their home every year. Many people in Delhi choose to drive their own vehicles rather than depend on public transport because of the unbearable crowds. To drive a vehicle in Delhi, you must have a driving licence but before you can acquire that, you will have to apply for a learner’s licence. A learner’s licence is valid for up to 6 months and you are allowed to learn how to drive in that time before applying for a permanent driving licence. However, if you cannot get a slot to take the test or fail the test within those 6 months, you can renew your learner’s licence at the RTO. There are multiple ways to renew your learner’s licence in Delhi and we will discuss them in detail here.
How to Renew Learning License in Delhi?
Renewing your learner’s licence in Delhi can be done either
online or offline. The procedures are relatively the same but they do have
their differences. While the online renewal process can be done using a
smartphone or computer, the offline process requires the applicant to visit
their nearest RTO office. Here are the steps for renewing your learner’s licence
Online Renewal of Learner’s Licence
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways https://parivahan.gov.in/ or the official RTO website for your state.
- Step 2: Hover the mouse over or click on the “Online Services” drop-down tab.
- Step 3: Select the “Driving Licence Related Services” tab.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page in which you will have to select the state in which you wish to apply for the learner’s licence.
- Step 5: Select the “Apply Online” drop-down and choose “Services on Driving Licence”.
- Step 6: Enter the “Learners Licence Number” and “Date of Birth”.
- Step 7: Click “Proceed”.
- Step 8: Scan and attach the documents required.
- Step 9: Pay the application fees using any online banking method you prefer.
Offline Renewal of Learner’s Licence
- Step 1: Visit the nearest RTO in your state/city.
- Step 2: Ask for the learner’s licence renewal form (Form No. 2) and any other required forms or download and print them from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- Step 3: Completely fill in the forms and attach the requested documents.
- Step 4: Submit the form along with the documents and passport-sized photographs.
- Step 5: Pay the application fees.
- Step 6: Wait 4-7 days for the renewed learner’s licence to arrive at the registered address.
Documents required for renewal of learning license in Delhi
When it comes to renewing your learner’s licence, the RTO
requires a certain number of documents that will be used to verify the
applicant’s information. There are a number of documents required for
submission at the RTO or online at the official website. Here are the documents
required when renewing your learner’s licence:
- Learner’s Licence details.
- Form No. 2 correctly filled.
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, Transfer Certificate, Mark Sheet).
- Proof of Address (Aadhaar Card, Passport, Ration Card, Electricity Bill).
- 6 Passport-Sized Photographs.
- Renewal Application Fees.
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Learning Licence in Delhi
In order to apply for a duplicate learner’s licence
in Delhi, the applicant should follow the below-mentioned steps:
Applying for a duplicate learner’s licence offline
- Visit the RTO office or website and correctly fill in the LLD
- Attach the requested documents
- Attach two passport-sized photographs.
- Enter the details of the misplaced/stolen learner’s licence.
- Lodge an FIR if the learner’s license was stolen and attach a copy
of it with the form.
- Pay the requested application fees.
Applying for a duplicate learner’s licence online
- Visit the Parivahan Sewa website https://parivahan.gov.in/.
- Click on “Online Services”.
- Choose “Driving Licence Related Services”.
- Select the State from the drop down.
- From the new page, select “Upload Documents”.
- Upload the documents requested and click on
- Click “Ok” to continue with uploading documents.
- Select and upload “Address Proof” and click
- Select and upload “Age Proof” and click
- Click “Next” after uploading all documents.
- Choose the “Fee Payment” option and select
- Choose “Click here to continue e-Payment”.
- Follow the instructions carefully and “Proceed
- Click on “Continue” and then “Print Receipt” once the payment is