Skoda Enyaq iV Interior Details Revealed
Close

Skoda Enyaq iV Interior Details Revealed

Team CARS24
editor
Latest News
Est. Reading Time:
2 mins

Skoda Enyaq iV Interior Details Revealed

Team CARS24
editor

Skoda Enyaq IV will celebrate its world debut in Prague in early September this year. Ahead of the debut, the carmaker has revealed how the cabin of the new model will be breaking new ground in interior design with its individual Design Selections. In the words of the company, the interior of the Czech car manufacturer’s first all-electric SUV will reflect ‘modern living environments’. The Design Selections theme replaces trims and brings in natural, sustainably produced and recycled materials. 

The Skoda Enyaq iV will be the first Skoda that will be based on the company’s modular electrification toolkit (MEB). The EV will benefit from the MEB platform’s long wheelbase, which will lead to a spacious interior. The flat floor plays a major role in freeing up space at the rear. The new design concept for the Enyaq iV provides an amalgamation of spaciousness and a ‘lounge feeling’.  The company will even offer cleverly planned option packages in various themes, which is something that should help customers easily select options as per their exact requirement. 

Also Read – New Generation Maruti Celerio Launch Timeline Revealed

At the front, the space freed up by not having a transmission tunnel has led to provision of storage compartment beneath the centre console. The long wheelbase translates into enough space in front as well rear. Other than offering a spacious cabin, the EV also offers a large boot capacity of 585 litres. As per the company, the interior of the Enyaq can be easily described in just four words – clear, airy, innovative and sustainable – Clear thanks to easy configuration through Design Selections, airy due to the long wheelbase, innovative due to features like the head-up display and augmented reality features, and sustainable thanks to the use of natural and recycled materials.

One Design Selection option, for example, offers seat covers that are made of 40 per cent new wool and bear the Woolmark Company’s seal. The remaining 60 per cent of the blend is polyester from recycled PET bottles. In another option, the seat covers are made up of leather that is produced in a sustainable way through an extract from olive tree leaves instead of chemicals for tanning.

In Pictures – Norbert Weber, Head of Interior Design at ŠKODA, explaining the interior of the Enyaq concept

Speaking on his favourite bit of the interior, Norbert Weber, Head of Interior Design at ŠKODA, says,”I particularly like the decorative trim that spans the entire width of the ENYAQ iV from the dashboard to the door panels, further enhancing the sense of space. Below the central display, it references the shape of the ŠKODA grille and also serves as a rest for the hand operating the touch screen. It is surrounded by a particularly soft material that extends throughout the interior and creates the feeling of sitting on the sofa at home.”

Also Read – Toyota Urban Cruiser New Details Revealed