Established in 1916, BMW is a premium automobile manufacturer based in Germany. The headquarters of BMW is based in Bavaria and it is renowned for manufacturing luxury cars plus motorbikes. The company also created aircraft engines till 1945. BMW has subsidiaries in some of the largest countries like the US, China, India, Germany and more. The auto major is also the parent company of Rolls Royce Motor Cars and Mini.
BMW’s Indian subsidiary, BMW India, has set up its assembly plant in Chennai. It entered the Indian market in 2006 and has created a strong network of dealerships throughout the country. As the brand itself is so huge, a used BMW is worth no less in the second-hand market. As everyone cannot afford a brand new model, this creates a high demand for BMW used cars in the country.
Quick Facts about BMW
- The logo of BMW was created as an homage to its original roots which are in Bavaria, Germany and it replicates the pattern of the Bavarian flag.
- This 103 years old company still makes auto parts for its cars as old as World War II which helps people in restoring their BMW old cars.
- The first car of the company was named as the BMW Dixi and was produced in 1929.
- BMW is counted amongst the list of top ten leading automakers in the whole world.
- BMW also set a world record in 1937 for producing the fastest motorcycle in the world.
BMW Resale Value
BMW is a brand which is associated with class and luxury in India and is every car enthusiast’s favorite. As times are changing and new technology is being integrated with the latest cars, its value is also enhancing by the day. The worth of second hand BMW cars may go down with the onset of new models, but the brand always remains in demand because of its luxury and charisma. It does not matter for such people if it is a BMW pre-owned, as long as it’s a BMW, they will cherish it. However, as people cannot fulfill their wish of buying a brand new model, they happily go for used BMW cars in India due to various other reasons.
As Indian roads are not the best, these luxury cars lose their resale value faster in comparison to the cars of the mass segment. Subsequently, people prefer to sell used BMW car within a period of 3-4 years. Moreover, every car becomes less efficient and faces value depreciation annually, which includes 2nd hand BMW cars as well. So, it is smarter to sell second hand BMW cars within the right timeframe rather than losing out on a substantial amount of money.
Current BMW Cars in India - Listing of BMW cars
- BMW XI: This entry-level SUV comes in both petrol and diesel options and both are mated with 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW 3 Series: These sedans are powered by a 2.0L diesel engine and 2.0L petrol engine, both mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW 5 Series: This series is available in four trim levels and are mated with 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMX X3: This SUV comes with a diesel engine and an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW X4: This is a coupe-SUV with three options of an engine including 2.0L diesel, 2.0L petrol plus a 3.0L diesel mated with 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW X5: Based on the CLAR platform, the X5 sports has a diesel engine and 3.0L cylinder mated with an 8-speed ZF-sourced automatic transmission.
- BMW M series: The quickest offering of BMW, this sedan has a 4395cc engine and 600bhp.
- BMW X6: It has two engines of petrol and diesel with 8-speed automatic transmission.
- BMW 7 Series: The variants have a 6.6L, twin-turbo petrol engine mated with an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
BMW - What makes it unique?
BMW is a luxurious brand whose products are mostly used by the elite class, for the sheer experience of driving or as a status symbol. However, when these people sell their BMW pre-owned cars, they get a number of takers due to multiple reasons.
- Quality - BMW has one of the top systems globally with its all-wheel-drive and the interior offers you the ultimate comfort and its tackles any conditions, no matter how rough.
- Reliability - The exceptional customer service of BMW makes them extremely reliable and they excel in serving their customer’s well.
- Detailing - A BMW is not just a single piece of good but is comprised of multiple details that make up for the beauty of the brand as a whole.
- Personality - Your BMW reflects your personality as you get the chance to tailor the specifics as per your preference.
Sell used BMW cars in India
The second-hand market of cars in India is increasing by leaps and bounds and the luxury cars are more sought-after in comparison to mass segment cars as the new ones are also within the price range, but the case is not same with luxury cars. So, people looking to sell BMW can easily land a great deal.
As such luxurious cars are mostly made for foreign conditions, the Indian roads do not fare them well and their valuation drops faster so if anyone wishes to sell their BMW pre-owned, they may do so with us at CARS24 and get the finest used BMW price in India. It is anyway difficult to sell any used car and when you own a luxury car, the process becomes even tougher. We help ease this process with our 125+ branches in the country. When dealing with us, you need not worry about the paperwork like RC transfer, as we do it for you without charging a penny.