Datsun is a promising brand in India when it comes to technically advanced quality cars. The cars in its portfolio are not only affordable but also carry the elegance of its own. Besides reasonable pricing for the new car, one can even sell Datsun used cars at a sensible price as of late the brand carries high demand in the country. The astonishing features of Datsun cars make it favorite among the buyers, especially the young enthusiasts.
The root of brand Datsun goes back in the year 1911 when Masujiro Hashimoto founded the Kaishinsha Motors with a dream to establish the very first production of Japanese regular car. The DAT model 31 was first presented in the year 1914 and was named after the acronym of the surname of the company’s other partners Kenjir? Den, Rokur? Aoyama, Meitar? Takeuchi. The business changed the name to DAT Motor Corporation in the year 1925 and started manufacturing the cars since then.
Quick facts about Datsun
- The name Dat (“Datto” as pronounced in Japanese) was considered a suitable name for a small car because it means “dash off like a startled rabbit”.
- In 1918, seven years after DAT was founded, they started manufacturing trucks, in addition to the passenger cars.
- Datsun used cars are very popular in India because of its affordable price tag.
- Datsun offers 3 car models in India, the cheapest one is the redi-GO and on the higher side in terms of price is Datsun GO Plus, the MPV.
- On March of 2012, Nissan announced to re-launch Datsun in Indonesia, South Africa, Russia, and India.
- In 1958, Datsun entered the American market and later in 1959 the company started dealing all across the United States.
- Since 1914, the DAT Corporation has been selling full-size cars to the Japanese consumers under the brand “DAT”.
- In 1930, the Datsun type 16 was produced in Japan. It was a small car with 16 PS (12 kW) side valve engines.
- The company’s first exported car was model 113.
- Datsun second-hand cars are in great demand because of its robustness, frugality and long engine life.
Datsun - Resale Value
Datsun is popular for its low maintenance of petrol cars. The vehicle is very spacious and can easily accommodate 4 adult passengers alongside with its high ground clearance it can also go places effortlessly. The exterior, interior, power, fuel efficiency and features are well appreciated in the Indian car space.
The Datsun Go car price starts from Rs 3.32 lakh and goes up to Rs 4.89 lakh approx (ex-showroom). If we take Go as an example, a car in good condition, after traveling about 14,000 kilometers and 3 years old can return you above Rs 2.2 lakhs approx.
The reason behind this is undoubtedly its solid built quality and engine life that help the car owners get a good resale value. In this, CARS24 help car owners in knowing the true value of the Datsun second-hand cars.
Current Datsun cars in India - Listing of Datsun cars
Currently, Datsun has three different models in India with 1 MPV and 2 hatchbacks. All the three models are pocket-friendly and suit the Indian conditions well. The lowest priced is the Datsun RediGo and its price starts at Rs 2.56 lakh. Next is Datsun Go, which is priced at Rs 3.29 lakh for the base model, and the most expensive one is the Datsun Go Plus that starts from Rs 3.83 lakh. All prices mentioned are of ex-showroom, approximately.
All the Datsun cars in India are powered by the highly efficient petrol engines, therefore, Datsun’s resale value is exceptionally high. These vehicles are easy to maintain and are extremely durable. Hence, any individual can sell his Datsun used cars in India and is guaranteed to get a good resale value.
Datsun is one of the world famous car brand founded in 1931 and is owned by Nissan. In 1931, Dat Motor Co. named its brand as “Datsun” which indicates the smaller size of cars. When Nissan took over the control of DAT in the year 1934, the name was changed to “Datsun” because sun signifies a loss in Japanese; also by using the name sun, the national flag is honored. By the year 1986, Nissan discontinued the Datsun name but re-launched it in 2013 as a brand of low-cost vehicles for the emerging markets across the globe. The Datsun cars are internationally famous for its models - Fairlady, 510 and recently launched Go hatchback. Datsun used cars in India is high in demand because of its robustness, budget-friendliness, and youth-oriented style.
Datsun – What Makes It Unique?
- Features - The stylish look of the Datsun brand cars is the first thing that catches the onlookers. The design is elegant yet robust with a combination of uncluttered headlamps. It has a hexagonal grille, long bonnet and an attractive rear with decent bumper line and trendy tail lamps. The interior of the car is equally appreciable because of its huge space, comfort and better leg room. The other notable features of Datsun cars are its large boot space, ample storage compartment at the dash, advanced features, and other tech aspects.
- Power-packed cars – Datsun Go is much popular and surely has a powerhouse of features, like the follow-me-home headlamps, gear shifting indicator, speed sensing wipers, a digital trip computer and an engine immobilizer. The cars are powered by the Nissan-sourced 1.2 liters, three-cylinder, and DOHC petrol powered engine with 67 bhp of maximum power output at 5000 rpm.
- Excellent mileage – The engines are well tuned up for superior fuel efficiency and also have a 5-speed manual gearbox with ARAI certified mileage of 20.6 kmpl.
- Reasonable – If we look at the price bracket, there is no other entry-level car that offers such great benefits, comfort and apt power that ensures better handling on the road. The cars are very spacious and feature a top-notch front bench seat that gives more comfort to the passengers.
- Resale Value – Low maintenance, cheap price tag, excellent durability, fuel economy gives these cars an edge for good resale value. One can easily sell Datsun second-hand cars if it is well-maintained by the owner.
Sell Used Datsun cars in India
Cars with great resale value mean more savings for you at the trade-in time. Datsun is known as the comfortable and reasonably priced car in India. The demand for Datsun pre-owned cars in India is really on a hike and if a person desires to sell Datsun pre-owned cars, they need to have a car history report first. CARS24 assist any seller in selling the Datsun pre-owned cars at a reasonable price. With CARS24, you get the best price for your vehicle without any burden of paperwork, as all these formalities are taken care of by them.