Equating itself with the new experience, Fiat has been in the Indian market since 1997. The Fiat experience unravels the opportunity for one to enjoy Italian design, fuel efficiency, affordability and comfort at the same time. Meeting complicated mobility needs in a subtle manner, Fiat seamlessly combines functionality and technology. Perhaps that is the reason behind even Fiat used cars enjoying high demand in the car market. Catering to different consumer needs, the Italian carmaker has embraced the urban vehicle segment with models like Fiat Urban Cross, Fiat Abarth Punto, Fiat Punto Evo, Fiat Linea, and the Fiat Avventura. Boasting of ergonomic interior and elegant exterior, all of these models are made to be robust and powerful with precision engineering.
Quick facts about Fiat
- Originally FIAT stands for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino.
- Before 1906, FIAT was used to be written as F.I.A.T.
- Fiat is the ninth largest Indian car manufacturer in terms of sales in India.
- All the Fiat cars available in India are produced at the company’s Ranjangaon plant in Pune.
- Fiat has assembly factories in most countries across the globe.
- Reputed automobile manufacturers like Cadillac, Chevrolet, Suzuki etc., use diesel engines produced by Fiat.
- When Fiat started operating in India, it did so by going into a joint venture with Tata Motors.
- Fiat leads the car market in Brazil.
- Fiat made a record by winning the award of European Car of the Year for the maximum number of times.
- The original and iconic Fiat 500 was one of the smallest cars ever one can find across the globe.
- Fiat names its commercial vans after the name of Italian coins i.e. Ducato, Doblo etc.
- Fiat was in the business of manufacturing railway engines and carriages before shifting to consumer vehicles.
- In 1936, Fiat launched the Fiat Topolino, which was one of the most recognizable models manufactured by Fiat at that point of time.
- Fiat launched its first-ever minivan i.e. Fiat 600 Multipla in the year 1956.
Fiat - Resale Value
Having more than 60 sales and service outlets spread across different cities, Fiat has earned a reputation among individuals looking for Fiat second-hand cars. The price range of new Fiat Punto falls in between Rs 5.35 lakh and Rs 7.47 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The on road price of this version is estimated to begin at Rs 6 lakh. If a used Fiat solves your need, you can still get this at around Rs 3 lakhs after a time period of 3 years and 60,000 km. The amount of depreciation, in this case, is much less than any other branded cars you might have a desire for.
A brand new Fiat Urban Cross costs in between Rs 6.77 lakh and 9.77 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The on-road price for Fiat Urban Cross starts from Rs 7.27 lakhs approximately. If you are planning to go for old Fiat car for sale, you will be at least getting Rs 3.5 lakhs from your old Fiat Urban Cross depending on the year you purchased it and of course its condition. Moreover, if you are an SUV lover, and looking for a Fiat SUV used then you may feel dejected as in Fiat’s India portfolio there is no SUV.
Current Fiat Variants in India - Listing of Fiat Variants
Fiat, at present, offers five variants i.e. Fiat Punto, Fiat Urban Cross, Fiat Abarth Punto, Fiat Punto Evo, Fiat Linea, and Fiat Avventura. Projected as strong and youthful, Fiat Punto hatchback is offered in as many as three variants i.e. Punto Evo Active, Punto Evo Dynamic, and Punto Evo Emotion. Designed in contemporary urban style, Fiat Urban Cross has is made available in three variants (Active, Dynamic, Emotion) as well. Enabling one to get the comfort of home, Fiat Linea sedan comes in Active, Dynamic and Emotion version. With an appearance of a crossover and ground clearance of an SUV, Fiat Avventura comes in four variants i.e. Active, Dynamic, Emotion and a special powered by Abarth edition.
After being founded by Palazzo Bricherasio in the year 1899, Fiat started its operation with the Lingotto factory which soon became the hallmark of the Italian car industry. During the Mussolini regime, Fiat was involved in producing trucks as well as commercial vehicles. The 1400 Diesel, the first Fiat diesel car, was manufactured in the year 1953. Then they went on to design the Dino Coupe which was a closed version of the coupe designed by Bertone. Since then Fiat has been producing iconic cars by combining design and efficiency. Fiat started its operation in India in the year 1997 and is currently present in Europe, South America, North America, Africa, and Asia.
Fiat – What Makes It Unique?
- Ergonomic Interior: The interiors in Fiat cars are usually designed to provide its consumers with optimum space and healthy comfort, which also include modern hi-tech gadgets, convenience elements, and safety features, Fiat cars are synonymous to perfection.
- The Italian Design: Anyone little aware of cars will always crave for a design made in Italy. Fiat cars feature the most contemporary Italian design that is not only robust but also helps you to flaunt your attitude.
- Fuel Efficiency: With precision engineering, Fiat ensures that its cars are extremely fuel efficient while having an eco-friendly system at its core.
- The Superior Security: Fiat cars use anti-theft engine immobilizer which makes sure that the security code is changed every time the key is used. This prevents the chances of your precious car from getting stolen.
- Great Power with Responsibility: There is a sense of adventure in every car that Fiat makes. Whether it is about ground clearance or fire prevention system, Fiat nails it.
Sell Used Fiat In India
If you are planning to sell old Fiat cars in India, it is wise to have your car evaluated on the basis of certain parameters that determine the resale value of the Fiat second-hand cars. No matter what make or model you are willing to sell, an old Fiat car always gives you the best value possible. Despite coming with a gamut of features, the value of Fiat pre-owned cars depends on the exterior, interior, year of purchase, and overall condition of the car.