Automobile Lamborghini S.p.A. or Lamborghini, as it is commonly known, is an Italian luxury sports car manufacturer founded by Italian industrialist Ferruccio Lamborghini in the year 1963. Lamborghini’s journey in India started in the year 2006 by opening its first dealership in New Delhi. For the next 5 years i.e. from 2006 to 2011, the company had sold around 37 units and in the next 4 years i.e. till 2014, the number doubled its sales to 69 units. Encouraged by this impressive growth rate, in recent years, Lamborghini opened 2 more dealerships in Bangalore and Mumbai in recent years. Sale figures have soared to around 70 units in 2017 alone. With the launch of the Lamborghini Urus SUV in the year 2018, the company expects to reach the 100 units per year mark in the next 2-3years. With growing popularity for the luxury sports car brand, several avid sports car lovers are always in a hunt for second hand Lamborghini or used Lamborghini in India.
Quick facts about Lamborghini
- Across the world, Lamborghini has 135 dealerships.
- The Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy based car maker is a parent to Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. also known as Ducati.
- Lamborghini's ownership changed three times after 1973.
- Its first major breakthrough in the international race victory came when Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT won the opening round of the FIA GT Championship, held at the Zhuhai International Circuit, China
- Lamborghini Urus is the first SUV developed by Lamborghini since LM002.
- Unveiled its first hybrid Lamborghini, the Asterion LPI910-4 hybrid concept car, at the 2014 Paris Motor Show.
- In India, Lamborghini competes with other luxury sports car above the Rs. 2 Cr. range such as Ferrari, Maserati, and Porsche.
- The Aventador is one of Lamborghini’s most successful models in recent times. Having launched in 2011, the car has seen over 13 variants to date.
Lamborghini - Resale Value
With current promising demand for sports cars, the demand for second hand Lamborghini in India cannot be ruled out. Each Lamborghini model is produced in limited quantities which make them valuable to their owners and attractive to enthusiasts who want to possession. That is the reason why used Lamborghini cars may not be easily available in the sports car market. For example, new variants of the Aventador model were produced every year from 2011 till 2017. These units are allocated to customers worldwide depending on the demand. So, if there were 600 units of Aventador Super Veloce or SV produced in 2014, less than 10 were sold in India while 260 sold in the USA. Hence, when the owner of the Aventador SV in India wants to sell it in 2018, people are ready to offer prices as high as that of a new car itself or even higher depending on the rarity of the model. It also becomes cheaper for people to buy used Lamborghini in India than import from abroad considering the prevalent custom duties and taxes. As these Italian luxury sports cars flaunt price tag in crore of rupees, which may not be everyone’s cup of tea hence there is always demand for Lamborghini used cars in the country.
Current Lamborghini cars in India - Listing of Lamborghini cars
As Indicated above, currently there are 3 models available in India from Lamborghini.
- The Lamborghini Urus SUV is available in only one variant i.e. the standard 8-cylinder 4.0 L version.
- The Lamborghini Huracan is available in 6 variants namely Huracan Coupe, Huracan Spyder, Huracan RWD Coupe, Huracan RWD Spyder, Huracan Performance and Huracan Spyder
- The Lamborghini Aventador is available in 3 variants: Aventador S Coupe, Aventador S Roadster and the Aventador SVJ Coupe.
- The Urus is Lamborghini’s latest presentation and its first-ever SUV. A perfect combination of sporty looks, performance, comfort, and resourcefulness, it is powered by a hefty V8-Biturbo engine. The luxury super SUV erupts an earth-shattering output of 650 Hp / 478 kW and boasts the best power-weight ratio in its class.
Since its establishment in the year 1963 by Ferruccio Lamborghini, the Italian marquee has changed ownership many times. As of 1999, it is directly owned by the German car giant Audi, a subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group. In addition to looks, Lamborghini has won several accolades over the decades in racing championships such as FIA GT Championships, Le Mans and even Formula-1 proving its performance capabilities. Several Lamborghini models have achieved iconic status in the sports car arena namely the Miura, the Countach, the Diablo SV.
Besides automobiles, Lamborghini also manufactures tractors, marine engines for powerboats under the same name and motorcycles under the Ducati brand. Lamborghini is famous for the iconic ‘Raging Bull’ that it employs as its emblem, which was inspired by the mighty fighting bulls of Spain. Almost all of the Lamborghini cars are named after famous fighting bulls. The cars are designed to have a low- aggressive stance with a high-power engine housed near the rear-center of the car.
Lamborghini – What Makes It Unique?
- Appearance: Every part of a Lamborghini is designed to seek attention. The sleek, aerodynamic front, the scissor doors, the vibrant eye-catching colors, the magnificently designed tail lights, the roar of the engine, the LEDs in the headlamp make Lamborghini one of the sexiest cars on the planet.
- Technology: Lamborghini’s are equipped with state-of-the-art technological systems available in the world today. Their technology is not only limited to accessories but in the design of the vehicle itself. Some of the aerodynamic features of the super-sports cars are derivatives of features used in Formula-1 and even airplanes.
- Customizable: The interiors of a Lamborghini can be customizable to suit your requirement. From the steering wheel, the upholstery, type of seats, height of the pedals, Utilities can be selected from a wide variety of options to ensure the car is uniquely tuned to your needs.
- Brand Image: Having a raging bull in your stable changes the outlook of a person. It brings in credibility to a business person by indicating success/stature in life and may help in networking and marketing as well.
Sell used Lamborghini cars in India
With the growing popularity of the Lamborghini brand, there is an ever-increasing demand for this luxury sports car. Also due to frequent change in the taste of the elite class, there are chances that they may sell second hand Lamborghini for an affordable amount. Moreover, due to their passion and excitement for high-speed racing, the sports car aficionados in the country are constantly seen searching for second hand Lamborghini price in India or used Lamborghini price in India due to their limited budget for their beloved car.