Land Rover is a brand that offers iconic yet most exotic sports utility vehicles (SUVs). These go-anywhere luxury SUVs can give anyone a high during an on-road or off-road driving. Since the start of its operations in India, the erstwhile British marquee has been seen fetching new heights in terms of sales and popularity. With the booming market for the brand new Land Rover cars, the demand for used Land Rover in India has also increased. With huge demand and substantial presence in the market, owners also look to sell used Land Rover, if they obtain a respectable price for the same. The Land Rover Range Rover SUVs are made available in petrol and diesel options. The Land Rover Discovery and Land Rover Range Rover Evoque fall as the favorite among the SUV admirers in India.
Quick facts about Land Rover
- Maurice Wilks designed the first Land Rover in 1947.
- Land Rover first belonged to the Rover Company Limited
- In the past, the legendary Land Rover models have served in the military capacity, majorly with British Army and Australian Army.
- The first Land Rover was officially made its debut at the Amsterdam Motor Show on 30 April 1948.
- Land Rover unveiled its first concept vehicle at the 2004 North American International Auto Show, which went on sales as Range Rover Sport.
- In the year 2013 Land Rover merged with Jaguar Cars to form Jaguar Land Rover.
- Brand Land Rover was earlier a part of British automobile manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sports SUV has a unique Dynamic Response system, which makes it one of the most versatile SUVs in the segment.
- Land Rover cars are widely assembled in China, England, India, and many other auto markets worldwide.
- Land Rover was sold to Tata Motors for an account of $2.3-billion in the year 2008.
- The iconic Land Rover Defender, the four-wheel drive off-road vehicle, was in production for 67 years, was finally discontinued in 2016.
Land Rover - Resale Value
As the number of buyers of the new Land Rover increases at a rapid pace, the demand for Land Rover second-hand cars has also pitched well. With new Land Rover and other SUV brands emerging, SUV owners are now more interested to sell second hand Land Rover in the country via online market. Moreover, there has been a number of instances where classic car lovers have been witnessed searching for vintage Land Rover for sale in India at the vintage rallies and auctions. Sighting the demand for Land Rover pre-owned cars there are many online platforms for vintage car sales in the country. To know the exact value of your Land Rover second-hand cars you can fill up the form here https://www.cars24.com/.
Current Land Rover Cars in India - Listing of Land Rover cars
- Land Rover Range Rover
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe
- Land Rover Discovery
- Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar
Land Rover History
The original Land Rover was designed in the year 1947 by Maurice Wilks, who was an automotive and aeronautical engineer. This vehicle was inspired and influenced by a World War II Jeep and made it with Jeep axles and chassis. Earlier the Land Rover color was available in various shades of green dictated by the military supplies. The manufacturers saw a huge perspective for the expansion of the prototype and shortly later they introduce their vehicle at the Amsterdam Motor Show. The vehicle was an immediate hit and was exported to 68 countries in the 1st year of production. They made a lot of amendments and improvements over the years and in 1951 they introduced a very powerful engine into the vehicle. In 1954 they produced Models 86” and 107” with a new station wagon body and also a diesel engine version. After introducing many models by 1955 they had manufactured at least 250000 Land Rovers. And after the change of ownership, Jaguar Land Rover is now owned by Tata Motors of India.
Land Rover – What Makes It Unique?
- Inimitable LED Headlights: For a modern feel and a sturdy masculine stance, Land Rover has an all-around striking LED lighting around its exterior as standard. Pixel laser LED with their DRL provides better throw of light and visual appeal.
- Refined Performance: Manufactured by carefully engineered technologies, the car can be driven in any kind of roads and under any surface condition. The high performing engine includes the Terrain Response 2 mechanism along with a dynamic model that delivers a hassle-free drive.
- Class-Leading Infotainment: The high-quality in-car infotainment system, delivers valuable information and entertainment to the driver and occupants. Its Touch Pro Duo features the most instinctive and superior incorporated technologies to ensure you enjoy your journey at its best.
- Intelligent Stop / Start System: Range Rover powertrains integrate low CO2 technologies. The superior smart stop/start system advances fuel consumption and with ECO mode Range Rover runs more proficiently, mechanically applying a sequence of actions from gear changing to softening the pedal and switching off intense door mirrors.
- Aluminum Architecture: Range Rover’s design adds recycled material for manufacturing the body sheet. Hence it has performance improvement, extra benefits, and low life-cycle CO2 emissions.
- Emergency Braking: Emergency Braking warns the driver of all possible frontal crashes and helps reduce the rigorousness of a likely impact.
Sell Used Land Rover in India
With nearly no core luxury SUV maker in the country, the used Land Rover cars are always in the hunt. Moreover, when it comes to the used land rover price in India, one can easily get it at about half the price of a new Land Rover car. The pre-owned cars cost around Rs 8.50 Lakh to Rs 16 Lakh depending upon the age of model and its condition. As the affluent class is the prime consumer of the Land Rover vehicles and they frequently switch to newer more modern vehicles, hence besides purchasing new SUVs they also look to sell pre-owned Land Rover. Amongst Land Rover's best models is the freshly redesigned Range Rover Sport and Discovery models, both possess exceptional resale value because of its strong demand and impressive features.