Established in the year 1945, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited is an Indian multinational car manufacturing corporation based out of Mumbai, Maharashtra. Being one of the largest manufacturers of tractors in the world, it ranked at the 21st position in the list of top companies in the country by Fortune India 500 in the year 2011. The corporation being one of the largest vehicle manufacturers by production in India offers a high potential market for Mahindra used cars. The different products built under the brand name of ‘Mahindra’ are two-wheeled motorcycles, saloon cars, SUVs, MPVs, pickups, tractors and lightweight and heavyweight commercial vehicles.
Mahindra & Mahindra has a global presence and its vehicles are exported to several countries. Its strong presence in the Indian automobile market has laid out great prospects not only for its sale of new vehicles but also for Mahindra pre-owned cars.
Quick Facts about Mahindra
- The largest online used vehicle website in India was launched by Mahindra Network Services in 1999 to boost Mahindrasecond-hand car sales.
- Mahindra engineers developed an indigenous diesel engine for its vehicles to beat the fuel crisis in the year 1975.
- Mahindra & Mahindra was the first to build Willy’s Jeep in India in 1949, following the lease of an 11,071 Sq. ft facility at Mazgaon.
- Mahindra & Mahindra was the first Indian auto manufacturer to launch the Common Rail Diesel Engine(CRDe), offering it in the Scorpio in the year 2005.
- In 1949, the company began assembly of Willy’s Jeep vehicles in India. The Mahindra Thar has since turned into an icon of jagged driving.
Mahindra - Resale Value
Mahindra used cars show a high resale value among all the other automakers in India as Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has been featured in the top-ten in the automotive domain of the country. The corporation has carved a niche for themselves whether it is the urban or the rural areas by developing vehicles friendly with rough terrains. Hence, individuals from across the country, who wish to sell used Mahindra car are assured of a good value. The resale value is on the higher end and hence the demand for Mahindra second-hand cars remains high. Furthermore, it is a known fact that the depreciating of the rate of its cars and SUVs isn’t that rapid compared to its competitors. Some Mahindra Scorpios from the year 2012 still retail for about Rs 6-7 lakhs, boasting of a decent Mahindra used car valuation. The corporation has an extensive and unparalleled network which is spread across 367 Indian cities - making the transactions of the resale easy and the value worth its while.
Another feature enhancing the resale value of Mahindra second-hand cars is its Door Step Service policy which had been deemed as the first-of-its-kind service. It lets the Mahindra customers get their vehicle serviced at their doorstep. The service includes minor repairs, oil change, washing and adjustment of the vehicle. Mahindra’s also offers genuine parts with a warranty of 6 months if some or all parts of the vehicle have malfunctioned.
Adding more feathers in terms of being consumer-centric, Mahindra has its on-going Maxicare program. The sub-programs are specially designed for the Mahindra vehicles and they come with the assurance of value for money and quality through the use of recommended products and the application procedures. Various options are available depending on specific consumer requirements.
The various programs are Maxicare Paint Protection Systems, Maxicare Interior Enrichment Systems, Maxicare Premium Underbody Protection System, Maxicare Engine Coating System, Maxicare Internal Panel Protection System.
Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. established in 1945, has a current net worth of US $20.7 billion under the global federation of companies. It is not unknown that the brand is famous for rugged and reliable automobiles. Befitting the size, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd operates in a total of twenty key industries, providing igneous and insightful solutions with global ramifications. The corporation is headquartered in Mumbai - India, with an operational presence in over a hundred countries across the globe.
Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd., one of the oldest automobile corporation is growing leaps and bounds in the new car market. The used car segment too has resounded as people who could not afford a new car wanted to buy a Mahindra used car, and the number of such buyers kept on increasing at a decent pace.
With very little competition, Mahindra & Mahindra is an Unequivocal leader that continues to flourish and has now gained an unparalleled edge in the Indian automotive market.
Mahindra - What Makes It Unique?
- Low Maintenance: Mahindra is known for its ‘rough and tough’ feature. It is a brand name which is synonymous with low maintenance, which is why there are a number of buyers looking for new as well as second hand Mahindra cars.
- High Mileage: It’s no secret that people love Mahindra cars as they consume less fuel. With fuel prices going up, vehicles returning with high mileages are in demands. This explains Mahindra’s success to an extent in the country and especially with the vehicles like Honda WR-V with mileage as good as 25.5kmpl.
- Resale Value: Mahindra cars have one of the best resale value. When you decide to sell old Mahindra cars, we are sure you’ll have to decide among buyers whom to choose as they are always takers for the car with a Mahindra badge.
- Value For Money: Mahindra cars are available with competitive pricing and have high value for money given their overall low maintenance, easy availability of parts and access to the company’s widespread network of dealerships across the country.
Current Mahindra in India - Listing of Mahindra Vehicles
Sell Used Mahindra Cars in India
The rise in the purchasing power of buyers has given a significant thrust to new car sales in the country. Apparently, this has resulted in an increased number of used car sellers in the market. With more and more people upgrading from two-wheelers, buying used cars are their first choice. And those upgrading to a new vehicle would want to sell their used car.
Among others, the condition of the vehicle is one of the prime factors which help you get a good deal and a better Mahindra resale value. The demand for Mahindra in India is consistently growing. Whether it’s a used Mahindra Xylo, used Mahindra Verito, used Mahindra XUV500 or a used Mahindra Scorpio, the vehicles are equally popular in second-hand markets just like they are in the new car segment.