The Maruti Suzuki Alto nameplate was introduced in India in September 2000 and has been dominating the segment of hatchbacks ever since its launch. It was basically known as a successor to the former renowned Maruti 800. This entry-level hatchback became quite popular amongst the middle-class section of the Indian audience. The mass segment car went on to become the first car to sell over 200,000 units in one year in India. Ruling the hatchback segment for almost two decades, Maruti launched its second generation in 2012 with added comfort and convenient features.
Despite having a handful of rivals such as Renault Kwid, Datsun Redi-Go, and Hyundai Eon, the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 continues to dominate the market with Maruti’s massive network of dealerships spread pan India. As the Alto 800 is the country’s favorite, an Alto 800 used car is also worth a lot in the used car market. If you wish to sell used Maruti Alto 800 car, you can do so at CARS24 and get the best deal possible with us instantly.
Sell Used Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 In India
The Maruti Suzuki Alto crossed the 1 million figure of production within 8 years of its launch and this figure speaks volumes about the burgeoning popularity of the car. Due to its competitive pricing and fuss-free ownership, the Alto became the only car to garner sales of 22,000 units within one month. Consequently, the Alto 800 second hand became quite the hot seller in the second-hand market.
We Indians generally trade or upgrade our old cars for a newer and better version after approximately five years of ownership. If we go by this estimate, then a five-year-old car will have usually covered 60k-80k km which leaves plenty of life left for the next user to drive it easily up to 1,50,000 km. You must sell your Alto 800 old car so that you can get hands on a new car with advanced safety features that follow the latest pollution norms, so as to save you from the hiccups of an old and outdated car.
The cities have space issues and parked old cars contribute vastly to the problem, so it is better if you sell off your Alto 800 second-hand car that contributes to the problem. Another major reason has to be the depreciating value of your Maruti Alto 800 used car. So, instead of waiting for it to drop further, you can sell second hand Maruti Alto 800 cars with CARS24 and get a fair deal for your used car.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 - Resale Value
The resale value of a used car depends on various factors and how well you keep your car maintained can determine its value in the long run. You must ensure its timely servicing and monthly check-ups for its smooth functioning along with maintaining its chic appearance as your car’s looks, both inside and out, can get a great resale value for your Maruti Alto 800 second hand. Just remember to keep a ready set of documents consisting of the service bills, insurance, RC, battery bill etc., it adds up to the reliability. Other factors include the maintenance cost and versions plus colors, for example, no one likes high maintenance cars which are in bright colors like yellow, pink, green etc. and are low-end versions of the model. As Maruti Suzuki has a strong after sales network and offers a rich supply of spare parts throughout the country, all Alto 800 pre-owned cars have an upper hand in the used market of cars. The average pricing of a five-year-old Alto 800 car second hand, if run for 50k to 70k km’s rounds about roughly to Rs. 2.20 lakh-Rs 2.50 lakh.
Quick facts about Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki Alto was launched first in the year 2000 followed by a radical facelift in 2012.
- Due to its rapid sales, it was also named as the fastest 1 million units selling a car of India.
- The Maruti Alto literally swept off multiple awards after its facelift in 2012.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto bagged the ‘Best Value for money car of the year’ in 2013 along with ‘Entry Hatchback of the year’ and ‘Compact car of the year’.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto is the largest selling car in India till date and one of the best-selling cars in the world for three consecutive years.
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 – What Makes It Unique?
The Alto 800’s facelift did wonders for the already famous car making it stand apart from its competitors in terms of:
- Design - Incorporated with the Aero Edge Design, Maruti reworked on the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 which offers all-new bodywork with a stylish sheet metal design and new body panels along with improved power steering.
- Interior - Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 comes with a modern theme in a dark-greyed color interior and multiple utility spaces.
- Engine - The engine of Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 has an effective combustion system with outstanding torque at low RPM that enables less frequent gear changes.
- Safety - Maruti Alto 800 has been given essential safety features like high-mounted stop lamp, tubeless tires, airbags, and rear door lock child to make your ride safer.
- Space - Apart from multiple cubbyholes, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 has a generous amount of space in the front and back with extra head and shoulder room in the front.
- CNG Version - The CNG variants are fitted with iGPI technology that offers more power and a perkier ride experience as compared to other CNG variants.
Current Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Variants in India – Listing of Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 Variants
Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 offers a 796cc three-cylinder petrol engine with a peak torque of 69Nm@3500rpm. The car gives a mileage of 24.77kpl which is pretty good for a hatchback. It comes in 8 different colors and 2 engine variants of Petrol and CNG. There are 6 trims of petrol and 2 for CNG. The petrol-powered variants are:
- Alto 800 STD
- Alto 800 STD (AIRBAG)
- Alto 800 LXI
- Alto 800 LXI (AIRBAG)
- Alto 800 VXI
- Alto 800 VXI Optional
The CNG powered variants are:
- Alto 800 LXI CNG
- Alto 800 LXI CNG (AIRBAG)