Maruti Suzuki initially launched the Baleno as a sedan and this first generation was sold till 2007. In October 2015, Maruti Suzuki relaunched the Baleno nameplate as a premium hatchback and it continues to run successfully in the market due to its spacious interiors and modern features. Maruti Suzuki later released a sportier version of the Baleno, the Baleno RS in 2017 in India. Maruti sold this premium car via its NEXA chain of dealerships. It soon became the best-selling premium hatchback and led the competition - Hyundai i20, Volkswagen Polo and Honda Jazz. The sales of Baleno are way too higher compared to its rivals. Being such an asset to Maruti Suzuki, the Baleno clocked its 1 lakh sales milestone within a year of its launch. Subsequently, a Baleno used car is very much in demand and you can surely get a fair deal with CARS24 for your Baleno second hand.
Sell used Maruti Baleno in India
The Baleno served as a turnaround product in the premium segment for Maruti Suzuki, and even though there were a limited number of NEXA dealerships, this didn’t deter the car’s sales. Baleno went on to sell over 200,000 units within 20 months of its launch and affirmed its supremacy over the premium hatchback segment in India. An old Baleno car is also worth no less in the second-hand market, thanks to its massive popularity. As it is, Indians generally use a car for approx. 4-5 years and then sell it off for an upgraded version; likewise you should also sell used Maruti Baleno car with CARS24 and go home with the best deal possible.
A five-year-old car generally covers 60,000-80,000 km of distance and this leaves ample life for the next person to drive it. Due to our loyal customer base and extensive experience, people who wish to sell second hand Maruti Baleno cars usually go for CARS24 to get a decent price for their Maruti Suzuki Baleno used car. So, you should too sell your Baleno car second hand to get up to date with the latest safety features and opt for a safer ride. So sell off your old car now before its value gets depreciated and hits the lowest mark leaving nothing to your advantage. People generally don’t pay attention to changing pollution norms. As the older models are based on BS4 and BS6 will be implemented from 2020, it is advisable to sell your car to get a decent value for your car.
Resale Value of Maruti Baleno in India
There are multiple factors that define the Baleno second-hand price. One of which is the high maintenance of the car, however, bearing a Maruti Suzuki badge the maintenance cost of the Maruti Baleno is relatively on the lower side.¬. The resale value of the Maruti Baleno second-hand car may fluctuate depending on the current discount/schemes offered on the new model. Moreover, the low-end versions of Maruti Baleno used car has quite a few takers whereas the demand for the higher versions of this car is high. This is because the higher version comes with additional features and in a second-hand price it is a profitable deal to go for a higher version. Among others, color too plays an important role when you decide to sell old Baleno car. Shades like white, silver and blue get buyers easily while the other colors find it difficult to seek a customer.
The resale value is good because of the peace of mind that comes with Maruti Suzuki. Thanks to its strong after sales network and easy availability of spare parts, owning and maintaining a Suzuki Baleno used car doesn’t burn a hole in one’s pocket compared to its rivals. The low maintenance is a big factor why a customer prefers Maruti over any other brand. Moreover, the Japanese carmaker is known for rolling out cars with class leading mileage. The Baleno pre-owned cars also promise the same. In order to get a good resale value of the car the owner should maintain his car from the very first day; this will maintain the performance of the car and will increase its demand in the resale market.
Quick Facts about Maruti Baleno
- The sedan version of the Baleno was launched in 1998; however, the premium hatchback was introduced in October 2015.
- The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is known as the widest car in the premium hatchback segment.
- This hatchback was the first car of the company to come with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) as an option.
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno is crowned as the best-selling model in the premium hatchback segment.
- The term Baleno was derived from the Italian language which translates to ‘flash of lightning’.
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively exported from India to other European markets with production in two manufacturing units in India.
What makes it Unique?
- Maruti Baleno is one of the best looking cars in the segment. Its unique features are:
- The use of LED lights in the headlamps adds to its looks.
- Maruti Baleno is good in performance and stands tall when it comes to reliability.
- Baleno offers best in class mileage of 21.4kmpl and 27.39kmpl for petrol and diesel, respectively.
- The gearbox is quite smooth which enhances the performance of the car while driving.
- Baleno is loaded with features such as 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto projector headlamps, etc.
- Standard dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat ensure each of its variants is safe.
Current Maruti Suzuki Baleno Variants in India - Listing of Maruti Suzuki Baleno Variants:
Powered by 1.2 litre petrol and 1.3 litre diesel engines, the Maruti Baleno delivers a certified fuel economy of 21.4kmpl and 27.39kmpl for petrol and diesel, respectively. Its dimensions read 3,995 mm x 1,745 mm x 1,150 mm. The company offers a 5-speed manual gearbox for both petrol and diesel versions and a CVT option exclusively with petrol. The model variants are as follows:
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma 1.2 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta 1.2 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta 1.2 AT automatic
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta 1.2 AT automatic
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta 1.2 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 AT automatic
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS 1.0 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma 1.3 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta 1.3 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta 1.3 manual
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.3 manual