Maruti Suzuki Celerio was launched in India in February 2014. It was eagerly anticipated by the Indian audience as it was set to revolutionize the compact car segment by introducing AMT for the first time ever. It slots between the segment of entry-level and premium hatchback. As there weren’t any affordable cars in India with an automatic transmission, Celerio’s launch changed this by introducing Auto Gear Shift Technology. Celerio has been running strong for five years and also received an update in 2017. Maruti Suzuki developed this car to challenge the conviction of automatic cars being inefficient in comparison to manual ones. Celerio competes with the likes of Hyundai i10, Ford Figo and Honda Brio; however, it trumps them all with reasonable pricing and segment-leading mileage. Consequently, a Celerio used car is quite the hot-seller in the second-hand market; you can get great deals with us at CARS24 for a Celerio second hand without going through the trouble of listing buyers, as we have certified buyers which will help you land the best deal possible.
Sell used Maruti Suzuki Celerio in India
The Indian auto market has various options in the small car segment, but the number of cars with automatic transmissions is quite a few, this is where Maruti Suzuki Celerio comes in. This car delighted the consumers by fulfilling the underlying need and gave India a best seller. The average Indian generally trades his/her car after a period of five years for a new one for various practical reasons. If we were to estimate the average distance covered by a five-year-old car, it amounts to 60,000-80,000 km roughly, this leaves ample life for the next buyer to operate the car and use it up till 1,50,000 km easily. Not many people know that a car’s value drops down by 20% as soon as it is out of the showroom and keeps depreciating annually, which means there is limited time to get a fair deal for your used car.
With CARS24, you can sell used Maruti Celerio car without any hassle, and get a decent amount of money to buy a better car with upgraded safety features and one which is made following the updated pollution norms. CARS24 has been dealing in Celerio pre-owned cars for a long time, and we can get you the finest deal possible. As Maruti Suzuki launched the updated version of Celerio in 2017, it is better to sell off your Maruti Celerio used car, so that you can go for the new one with upgraded features.
Resale Value of Maruti Suzuki Celerio
A car’s resale value is the most important part of old Celerio car, and everyone looks for a great deal when selling off their used car. To ensure you to get a fair deal, you must take care of certain aspects. Keep it maintained and serviced thoroughly throughout its life with you so, at the time of selling, its condition speaks for itself. Always keep a set of documents ready including all the important paperwork like service history, tire bills, battery bills, RC, etc. for a smooth selling experience.
People who want to buy used cars usually go for the best version of that specific car; consequently, low-end versions do not garner much attention. As Celerio is a production of the revered Maruti Suzuki, half the work is already done, as the company’s resale value is the highest in India. The reason being its incredible after sales network, low maintenance, great mileage, and affordable spare parts. If we estimate the approx. valuation of a five-year-old Maruti Celerio second hand which has covered 50,000 - 70,000 km amounts roughly to Rs. 3.00 lakh to Rs 3.30 lakh. So, if you set out to sell second hand Maruti Celerio cars, you will surely go home with a remarkable deal.
Quick facts about Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio was first launched at the Auto Expo 2014 in the month of February.
- It sold over 3 lakh units within three years of its launch.
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio was the first car in India to offer the convenience of Auto Gear Shift.
- Celerio was responsible for enhancing the shares of lower hatchback segment of Maruti Suzuki by 10% after its launch, in one year.
- The Diesel version was launched in 2015 to cater to the high demands of the public.
- Celerio was the only car which was available in all the options of petrol, diesel, and CNG offering both the transmission options of Manual and Auto Gear Shift. However, Maruti Suzuki pulled the plug of diesel Celerio later.
- It is one of the best sellers of Maruti Suzuki and is listed among the top ten most selling cars in the country.
What makes Maruti Suzuki Celerio Unique?
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio changed the game of automatic cars in India and made the Indian audience realize they can get a fuel-efficient automatic car within a reasonable price range. Its unique features are:
- Performance - It is the country’s most fuel efficient car with a maximum power output of 68Ps and 90 Nm torque.
- Hi-tech Features - Celerio comes with a stereo that has Bluetooth connectivity, multi-info display, and audio controls mounted steering plus user-friendly security settings which can be customized.
- Spacious - Celerio is designed so with roomy cabins and has wide leg space, headroom along with 15 smart utility spaces.
- Convenient - Maruti Suzuki Celerio is a very easy car to drive offering high convenience at a matchless price.
- Auto Shift - Celerio offers the convenience of automatic at an economical price making it affordable for the middle-class people to make use of such advanced technology.
Current Maruti Suzuki Celerio variants in India - Listing of Maruti Suzuki Celerio Variants
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio has a 998cc engine and power of 68bhp whereas the torque is of 90Nm, the car gives a mileage of 15km/l in the city and 18km/l on the highway. It comes in two engine variants of petrol and CNG. There are 6 petrol trims and 1 CNG trim.
The petro variants are as follows:
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio LXI
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio LXI AT
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXI
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AT
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio ZXI Optional
The Petrol+CNG Variant is:
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio Green VXI