The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz was launched in October 2014. The premium sedan was made specifically to cater to the needs of the Indian audience. The car’s launch was highly anticipated and it didn’t fail to live up to its expectations as it continues to acquire a strong presence in the sedan space, even after almost half a decade. It also underwent a facelift which was released in August 2018. The mid-size sedan was developed keeping in mind how their earlier attempts with Baleno and SX4 weren’t quite successful. They made sure to not repeat the same mistakes with Ciaz and were pretty successful with this model. In the mid-size sedan segment, Ciaz competes with the likes of Fiat Linea, Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Verna. However, it beats them all with its spacious interior and longest wheelbase. The worth of a Ciaz used car is no less in the second-hand market and it can land you a great deal for your second hand Ciaz car.
Sell Used Maruti Suzuki Ciaz In India
The sales figure of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz in India speaks for itself; it became India’s highest selling compact sedan and has sold more than 2.34 lakh units of the car ever since its launch in 2014. It has a dominant 28.8% market share in its respective segment and garnered even more sales after its facelift. Likewise, a Ciaz second hand is also of great value in the market of used cars. Generally, the Indian car owner upgrades his old car after using it for 4-5 years, which has run for roughly 60k-80k kms. A car like that has plenty of life left in it to come in use for the next buyer and can easily run till 1,50,000 kms by the used car buyer.
You can also sell used Maruti Ciaz car to CARS24 and get a fair Ciaz second-hand price which will help you get hands on a newer and better car with advanced safety and technological features. The value of a car keeps depreciating from the moment it rolls out of the showroom and same is the case with your Maruti Ciaz used car. As the Ciaz old car is a BS4 compliant, it is better to sell it off before the BS6 norm gets implemented in 2020. It is advised to buy cars which follow the BS6 norm to keep up with the changing emission policy, though the date is still far you need to plan things as early as possible. So, instead of holding on to your old car that takes up unnecessary space and disturbs the environment, you should sell old Ciaz car and get a BS6 compliant car which is up to date with the latest pollution norms and advanced safety features.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Resale Value
The resale value of a car depends on various factors and most of them depend on how you maintain it. As the Ciaz is a creation of the celebrated brand of Maruti Suzuki, it automatically has a higher resale value than its competitors because of the company’s prevailing presence in India along with easily available spare parts and strong after sales service network. Likewise, a Maruti Ciaz second hand will get you a fine deal in the second-hand market; you can sell second hand Ciaz cars with us at CARS24 and stay assured to bag a fair deal for your Suzuki Ciaz used car. You should get your car serviced and checked timely from day one and maintain its condition to enhance its resale value, plus keep the official documents intact for further assistance. The hot-sellers in the used market are high-end versions and generic colored cars, where on the contrary, low-end versions and bright colored cars do not have much demand. The approx. valuation of a Maruti Suzuki Ciaz used car after completion of five years and 60,000-70,000 kms of distance rounds about to almost Rs. 5.7-6.5 lakh in the used car market provided everything else is well maintained.
Quick facts about Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz was first launched in the month of October 2014 and received a facelift in the month of August 2018.
- The Maruti Suzuki topped the charts of C-segment sedan and became the most-selling car in the sedan space in India.
- The facelift of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz received more than 10k bookings in just one month of its launch.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz was launched after incorporating changes of the flaws of the previous SX4 sedan.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is also known as the most efficient C-segment petrol sedan in the nation with petrol returning 20.7 kmpl under standard test conditions.
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz – What Makes It Unique?
Leaving its competitors far behind it its respective segment, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has various features that make it unique like:
- Efficient - Both the Petrol and Diesel variants are quite fueled efficiently with 1.4 liter petrol and 1.4 liter diesel power plants.
- Spacious - Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is known to have the roomier cabin and the widest backseat leg space with rear AC vents plus power outlets.
- Stylish - The Ciaz is considered to be the longest plus widest car in its segment which gives it a very stylish yet distinctive and big car look.
- Exceptional features - Maruti Suzuki Ciaz offers projector headlights in across its range with a Smart play infotainment system, making it a feature rich car at its price range.
- Easily available spare parts - The Ciaz is locally manufactured which leaves the buyer with a fruitful supply of spare parts that can be found easily anywhere throughout the country.
Current Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Variants in India – Listing of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Variants
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is powered by a 91bhp 1.4-litre petrol engine and an 89bhp 1.3-litre diesel engine. The petrol motor has a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic gearbox, whereas the diesel one comes with just a five-speed manual gearbox. The Ciaz comes in two engine variants of petrol and diesel. The petrol-powered variants are given below:
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VXi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VXi+
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi+
The diesel-powered variants of the car are as follows:
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VDi+
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDi+
Finally, the optional four-speed automatic gearbox is available in:
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VXi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXi