Maruti Suzuki Ignis was launched in January 2017 as a premium hatchback. The Ignis was a much-awaited car after its unveil at the 2016 Auto Expo and as intended, this compact urban hatchback appealed mostly to the youth. The Ignis’s fun factor and style quotient offers a fresh design and gives it a modish touch. It was developed at the Gurugram plant of the company and competes with the likes of Hyundai Grand i10, Honda Brio, and Mahindra KUV100. However, the Ignis leaves its rivals behind in terms of mileage and design. Just within one year, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis clocked total sales of almost 50,000 units and also entered the list of the top 30 best-selling cars in the year of 2017. Naturally, an Ignis used car is in demand but not as high as compared to other Maruti cars. To sell used Maruti Ignis car you can visit CARS24 where you get the best possible deal.
Sell used Maruti Ignis in India
Maruti Suzuki launched the Ignis to specifically cater to the needs of millennials’, and gave it a funky look that would appeal the most to the youth. This trendy-looking car did well for the mini crossover segment of Maruti Suzuki and its sales figures prove that the Ignis was a decent hit with over 15,000 units sold within two months of its launch. Consequently, Ignis second hand also has reasonable demand. Most of the people in India commonly sell off their car after using for five years which totals to covering roughly 60,000-80,000 kms. Going by this figure, the next buyer for the used car can easily drive it up to 1, 50,000 kms. Likewise, you can also sell your Ignis old car and upgrade to a higher segment with progressive safety features to protect you from any mishap.
CARS24 comes to rescue to people who wish to sell second hand Maruti Ignis cars and we ensure that you get the best deal possible for your Maruti Ignis used car. As the value of your new car depreciates at 20% after coming out of the showroom, and more so annually, it is better to sell old Ignis car while you have the time to get a decent amount back to invest in the new one. More importantly, the old cars are BS4 compliant and in April 2020, BS6 pollution norm will be implemented by the government, which are likely to affect the resale value of your Maruti Suzuki Ignis used car.
Resale Value of Maruti Ignis
As the Ignis is a production of the revered Maruti Suzuki, all Ignis pre-owned cars automatically get an upper hand in the second-hand market. Maruti has the brand value along with an incredible after sales network for their low maintenance cars, and this means you too can get a great Ignis second-hand price when you sell it. Furthermore, you can get a better resale value of your Ignis car second hand by maintaining its physical condition from day one. Always remember to get monthly checkups and timely servicing to keep the internals function smoothly. Another important factor is the official documents of your used car, it is always better to keep all the service bills, insurance papers, RC, and other important documents in one set so that in the future it is easier for you to be a reliable seller. Lastly, there aren’t many takers for low-end versions of cars and color too plays a significant role. Colors like pink, green, yellow do not get many takers, whereas high-end versions and vital shades like silver, white, etc. are hot sellers. The value of a Maruti Ignis second hand which has covered 50,000-70,000 km of distance amounts roughly to Rs. 3.00 lakh to Rs. 3.25 lakh.
Quick Facts about Maruti Suzuki Ignis
- Maruti Suzuki first showcased the Ignis at the 2016 Auto Expo and was launched in February 2017 in the country.
- Ignis is the third car of Maruti Suzuki which is sold through the exclusive NEXA showrooms across India.
- Maruti Ignis is the first car from Maruti to get both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay incorporated in the system
- The mini-SUV is the most economical car in India to have an Android Auto directed to satisfy the tech-savvy youth.
- The Suzuki Ignis won the ‘Hatchback of the year’ award at NDTV Car and Bike awards 2018.
What makes Maruti Ignis unique?
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis was launched in India to lure the youth of the country with its stylish and funky design, unlike its siblings in the listing.
- The Ignis has a lot of premium features like toggle switches which are cockpit styled, steering mounted audio and phone controls, LED projector headlamps.
- Maruti Ignis has a 7-inch infotainment touchscreen system with features like Bluetooth, audio remote control, USB compatibility, SmartPlay, and many more.
- Ignis has been given a push start button with keyless entry as well.
- Safety features like Anti-lock braking system (ABS), ISOFIX child seat, dual airbags, TECT body, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) are standard in all variants of the Ignis.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis is quite spacious with generous legroom along with adequate headroom at the rear, making it quite comfortable for all passengers, including the tall ones, to travel long distances.
Current Maruti Suzuki Ignis Variants in India - Listing of Maruti Suzuki Ignis Variants
Maruti Suzuki Ignis has powered a 1.2 liter petrol engine which puts out 81bhp of max power and 113Nm of peak torque. This engine is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission and an AMT gearbox. The certified mileage of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis petrol is 20.89 kmpl. It is available in 7 petrol variants.
The petrol-powered variants are:
- Sigma 1.2 MT
- Delta 1.2 MT
- Zeta 1.2 MT
- Delta 1.2 AT
- Zeta 1.2 AT
- Alpha 1.2 MT
- Alpha 1.2 AT