Maruti Omni is one of the first and most versatile cars to be introduced in the Indian market by Maruti Suzuki. It was first launched in 1984 in India as the seventh generation of the renowned Suzuki Carry by the newly formed Indian subsidiary of Suzuki. This minivan created quite a stir in the market and went on to become one of the oldest models of Maruti which is still in production. It has received two facelifts in 1998 and 2005. This passenger vehicle catered to the mass segment and is one of the most common ambulances in India. Maruti Omni has been around for 35 long years and this longstanding model is still quite in demand by the Indian public. It has two categories of family version and cargo version and was developed to help make transporting easier for the common man. The minivan’s competitors are Tata Magic, Magic Iris, and Mahindra Maxximo; nonetheless, Maruti Omni rules the turf with having more than 50% of sales in its segment. Due to such popularity, an Omni used car is also very much in demand and you can surely get a great deal at CARS24 when you sell second hand Omni cars.
Sell used Maruti Omni in India
Needless to say, Maruti Omni needs no introduction in India; this car has more than 15 million satisfied customers. Maruti Omni still leads its respective segment in terms of sales and an Omni second hand is also quite the hot seller in the second-hand market. Indian’s generally sell off their cars after driving it for 5 years to get a better version. Based on this, a five-year-old car is likely to cover 60,000-80,000 kms of distance which leaves ample life for the next buyer to use it. Likewise, you should too sell used Maruti Omni car so that you can get a new car with the latest safety features lacking in your old car.
As the government is constantly updating pollution norms, and BS4 will be discontinued from 2020, you should also think on the lines to sell old Omni car as it is also a BS4 compliant. The value of Omni pre-owned cars depreciates every year just like other cars, and it is better to sell it within the right time to earn a fair deal, than not being able to get the breakeven price. Generally, people with Omni also keep a hatchback, which only creates space constraint at home. So, rather than occupying unnecessary space, it is best to trade the old Omni car for something more useful at your place.
Resale value of Maruti Omni
The resale value of a car depends on multiple factors and the major reason is the brand value which is immense with Maruti Suzuki. Subsequently, the Maruti Omni second hand has good worth in the used car market. Additionally, the strong after-sales service network of Maruti Suzuki along with low maintenance, high mileage and easy availability of spare parts just goes on to ensure that you go home with a fine deal for your Maruti Omni used car. Your part to augment the resale value comes in the form of timely servicing and checkups along with a ready set of official documents like service history bills, insurance papers, tire bills, and others that are generally needed to earn trust when selling the Omni van second hand. Moreover, as the Omni is low maintenance car and comes in most loved colors like white and grey, it will get definitely more takers. The estimated cost of a five-year-old Maruti Suzuki Omni used car which has covered around 50,000-70,000 kms will total to around Rs. 1.60 lakh - Rs. 1.80 lakh.
Quick facts about Maruti Omni
- Maruti Omni was first launched in 1984 and received two facelifts in 1998 and 2005.
- Even after 35 years, the Omni still manages to secure a place in the list of ten best-selling passenger vehicles in the country.
- Maruti launched Omni E as an ambulance to cater to popular demand and Omni Cargo LPG because of its popularity as a city cargo vehicle.
- Maruti Suzuki Omni was the second car to be launched by Maruti in India after the celebrated Maruti 800.
- Apart from the passenger market, the minivan is used by the commercial segment as well, as a school van, tour operator, carrier, crew car, and others due to its smooth functioning.
- Even though the exterior received changes, but the mechanical components of Maruti Omni remain unaltered even today.
What makes Maruti Omni unique?
- Design - Maruti Omni is categorized into family and cargo version. The family version came with unique sliding doors having windows at each side while the cargo one had one sliding door. It was the first car to have a flat hood.
- Interior - The family version of Maruti Omni has two bench seats opposite to each other making it easier for families to get seated while the cargo version does not have back seats, leaving space for commercial use only.
- Comfort - Maruti Omni has multiple features that make your ride comfortable and safe. It comes with reclining front seats, rear seat belts, adjustable front seat head restraints, utility item space, and many others.
- Value for money - Being a Maruti production, the car offers great pricing and offers incredible features within such a price range.
Current Maruti Suzuki Omni Variants in India - Listing of Maruti Suzuki Omni Variants
Maruti Omni van is powered by a 796cc 4 stroke cycle, water-cooled petrol engine that gives out 34.7 PS of maximum power with a 59 Nm of peak torque. It has a 5-speed manual gearbox and a fuel tank capacity of 35 liters and fuel efficiency of 16.8 km/l. It has two engine variants of Petrol and LPG. The petrol powered variants are:
- MPI Cargo BS4
- E MPI STD BS4
- MPI STD BS4
- E MPI STD BS 3
- MPI Ambulance BS4
- E 8 STR BS-IV
- 8 STR BS-III
- Cargo BS-III
- 5 STR BS-III
The petrol+LPG variants are:
- Cargo LPG
- 5-Seater LPG
- LPG BS-III
- Cargo LPG BS-III