Maruti Suzuki WagonR is a 5-door hatchback car that needs no introduction. Its demand is high in both new and pre-owned car markets. If you want to sell used Maruti WagonR car, their high chances that you will receive a huge number of queries. Used WagonR cars have high resale value because of comparatively high demand. A fair condition LXi model (2010-make) WagonR second-hand car can fetch you around Rs. 1,50,000.
Maruti WagonR was launched in December 1999. It has undergone four upgrades until now. The India-bound WagonR models originally received a 1.1 L F10D petrol engine of Suzuki. Moreover, the currently available K-series engine comes with an aluminum-built K10B, 1.0 L petrol engine that also carries alternate fuel choice of LPG, CNG, and choice of automatic transmission. In 2013, a sportier version of WagonR (2nd generation) was launched called the Stingray.
Quick Facts about Maruti Suzuki WagonR
- The WagonR falls under the ‘kei’ car category, which is basically a Japanese vehicle grouping for the smallest highway-legal passenger cars.
- WagonR is one of the first cars to use the "tall boy" design.
- Under this design philosophy, the car is designed a bit taller than usual and carries a short bonnet at the front, while to ensure utmost space inside the cabin gets a bit greater width.
- Maruti WagonR is international Suzuki WagonR’s Indian version. Maruti Suzuki, the Indian subsidiary of Suzuki manufactures and sells cars in India and Nepal.
- WagonR is available with 1.0-litre K-Series petrol engine that provides 67 bhp power and 91 Nm torque.
Maruti Suzuki WagonR - Resale Value
Maruti Suzuki WagonR is one of the top 5 best selling cars of India and it has been maintaining this position for the last 10 years. In the year 2004, it sold 100,000 units. The sales jumped 20 times in 13 years period. As many as 20,00,000 units of WagonR cars were sold till 2017. The spacious cabin coupled with frugal nature has only increased WagonR’s demand by leaps and bounds. With a burgeoning urban middle-class populace in metros and tier I/II/III cities has led to an astronomical rise in the demand for WagonR second-hand cars. Maruti Suzuki’s trustworthiness and availability of a wide network of service stations (3400 service stations) across India are only fueling the demand for both new as well as used WagonR cars.
A new WagonR will cost you around Rs. 4.15 - 5.36 Lakh (Ex-showroom price in Delhi). If you want to sell used Maruti WagonR Car, a fair condition LXi model car can fetch you anywhere from Rs. 1,46,000 to Rs. 1,56,000. The depreciation after running 45,000-50,000 km is around Rs. 2,69,000. The amount is fairly good when compared to similar 5 door hatchbacks from other brands.
However, the actual resale value you get may vary from the above-mentioned estimate. This is because the resale value of a car depends upon many factors such as model and make-year of the car, a number of owners, color, accident history, kilometers were driven, actual car condition, and many more. If you want to know the exact resale value of your Maruti WagonR used car, you can visit CARS24 website and fill up the form. You can also sell used Maruti WagonR car at CARS24 to get guaranteed best price by using their live online auction.
Current Maruti Suzuki WagonR Variants in India
There are around 12 variants of Maruti Suzuki WagonR available in India. The top-selling model is the WagonR AMT VXI. It comes with a 998 cc petrol engine, which costs around Rs. 4.88 Lakh (estimated ex-showroom price). All the present models are listed below:
- Maruti WagonR LXI
- Maruti WagonR VXI
- Maruti WagonR LXI Optional
- Maruti WagonR LXI CNG
- Maruti WagonR VXI Plus
- Maruti WagonR VXI Optional
- Maruti WagonR LXI CNG Optional
- Maruti WagonR VXI Plus Optional
- Maruti WagonR AMT VXI
- Maruti WagonR AMT VXI Plus
- Maruti WagonR AMT VXI Optional
- Maruti WagonR AMT VXI Plus Optional
Maruti Suzuki WagonR – What Makes It Unique?
- USP of Maruti Suzuki WagonR cars are that it stands tall and getting in/out of the hatchback is effortless. Even if you are 6-feet tall, you’ll get more headroom, leg room, and more space inside the car.
- These cars come with unique and innovative storage space, concealed under the front passenger’s seat.
- Pop-out cup holders as well as split-folding seats also unique in their own ways, rarely found in other entry-level cars in this category.
- WagonR cars are affordable to buy, provide all the basic amenities and features, have good resale value
- New or used WagonR cars have low maintenance, especially when compared with similar cars of other brands.
- WagonRs are high mileage hatchbacks, which makes them favorites of many. With petrol as fuel engine provide you with 20.51 kmpl, while CNG variants give away 26.6 km/kg mileage.
Sell Used Maruti Suzuki WagonR in India
Maruti Suzuki’s ‘WagonR’ moniker is among the top selling cars from the Indo-Japanese car portfolio in the country. The car makes sales in huge numbers every year. As a result, the market is filled with owners who want to sell second hand WagonR cars. With nearly two decades in the auto market, Maruti WagonR is a known and reliable name in the entry-level hatchback segment. Over the years, WagonR pre-owned cars or WagonR old cars have become quite popular among the youngsters and middle-income section masses in India. The resale value of these cars is impressive enough. Even if you have driven your second hand WagonR car for over 45,000 km and used it for more than 3 years, you can still get a decent price. However, you should evaluate your car from a renowned dealer, or else walk-in to your nearest CARS24 branch. If you want to sell old WagonR car with a hassle-free experience and with best possible price, look no further and visit any CARS24 branch in India.