The legacy of the Italian luxury and design, Maserati dates back to the establishment in the year 1914. It has a history of boastful associations with the FIAT and the Ferrari and is currently in the group of a sports car with Alfa Romeo and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) as parent company since 1993. After the establishment of the Maserati firm in 1914 by Maserati brothers, Alfieri, Carlo, Bindo, Ettore and Ernesto, the company was shut down in 1937. After 1937, the Adolfo Orsi family took over the control of Maserati.
Maserati India portfolio comprises of two sedans and one each model of SUV, coupe, and convertible. Besides, the excitement for brand new Maserati car models, there is a huge demand for Maserati used cars in India. The reason for the rise in the demand for Maserati second-hand cars is due to its highly steep price tag, which is unaffordable to many.
Quick Facts About Maserati
- Maserati carries the second name of its principal inventors – Maserati brothers.
- Before it developed cars, Maserati was very well recognized for spark plugs.
- The Neptune statue motivated the trident logo in the firm's place of origin of Bologna
- Maserati names its luxury cars after world-famous winds.
- Maserati’s Modena plant also creates the Alfa Romeo 4C.
- Maserati has 5 different owners till date: the Maserati brothers, the family of Orsi, Alessandro de Tomaso, Citroen, and now FCA.
Maserati - Resale Value
The resale of a luxury car usually ends up with the selling party not getting the desired price for their car. Same has been the case with Maserati used cars owners in the country, but thanks to leading online platforms like CARS24, which provide optimum value for their cars. Brand new Maserati cars in India are imported as a completely built unit (CBU), hence attract huge taxation and duties, making the price more than double its original cost. On the other side when they are sold as Maserati pre-owned cars they call for pretty less value.
Due to bad road conditions, new cars majorly lose their resale value within the first 3-4 years of purchase. And if it’s a luxury vehicle the resale value goes down faster compared to the mass segment cars in the country. The value depreciates rather quickly for a luxury car like Maserati.
Be it any car, after a certain period of time, the efficiency of the car goes down and their usage after that time will cause in the huge price depreciation which may result in facing them the sizable loss of money. So to be wise, it is a better decision to sell used Maserati cars before their value falls below a bearable range.
Current Maserati Cars In India - Listing Of Maserati Cars
All the prices mentioned are of average ex-showroom, India.
- Maserati Ghibli: The very luxurious Ghibli saloon is made available in three trims namely Standard, GranSport and GranLusso. It receives a 3.0 L, V6 compliant Euro 6 engine that gives out 275 bhp of power and 600 Nm of torque.
- Maserati Quattroporte: Made available in single trims of petrol and diesel, the Quattroporte churns out 530 bhp its 3.8 L petrol powerhouse, while diesel engine (3.0 L) gives out 275 bhp.
- Maserati Levante: The first SUV from the Maserati with a diesel engine is offered in three trims i.e. Standard (275 PS/600 Nm), GranSport (350 PS/500 Nm) and Gran Lusso (430 PS/580 Nm).
- Maserati GranCabrio: The GT sports car is driven by a 4.7 L petrol engine that blows out a good 450 PS of utmost power and peak torque of 510 Nm.
- Maserati GranTurismo: The single trim GranTurismo is powered by a 4.7 L petrol mill that churns out a maximum power of 460 PS and 520 Nm of torque.
Maserati - What Makes It Unique?
Maserati is too expensive and is mostly owned by business tycoons and high net worth individuals in the county. However, when these high profile people sell used Maserati car there are many takers of these exotic cars.
- Exclusivity: Driving a Maserati on the street can seem like riding a unicorn —the Maserati cars have their own impeccable charm. Maserati vehicles are manufactured in the limited count, so when you purchase one, you significantly turn exclusive.
- Beautiful Design: Maserati has the excellence to meet its exclusivity, getting it a truly outstanding investment. It resembles distinct from any other vehicle you will view on the street, and its beauty and glamour are apparent at a glance.
- Impressive Performance: Maserati has its origins in racing as the sports car, and it remains to provide few of the best achievement stats even in its customer vehicles. The Maserati GranTurismo MC is the quickest manufactured vehicle, and it can touch a top speed of 205 mph.
Sell Used Maserati Cars in India
In the recent past, it has been witnessed that the elite with high disposable incomes is in the hunt to upgrade their cars to premium and luxury ones. Currently, the used car market is at its boom in India with a 15-20 percent growth rate, while the used luxury car market is seen peaking at a nearly double with 30 percent increase. If you want to sell second hand Maserati car then this is the right time.
Likewise, if you are a proud Maserati car owner you can sell Maserati car online via CARS24. The selling of your Maserati car at Car24 will be simple and hassle-free and you end up with the best Maserati car second-hand price in your pocket. Besides this, there is no worry for the transfer of registration certificate (RC), as the professional team at CARS24 gets it done for you.
As there are no Maserati used car showroom in the country, you can rely on CARS24 that has more than 120 branches and 26 Centers across the country, where the car valuation is done by experts from the automotive industry.