The Premier Ltd. formerly known as The Premier Automobiles Limited (PAL) is an Indian car manufacturing company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is owned by the ‘Walchand’ industrial Group founded back in 1944. In October 1947, under the license from Chrysler Corporation, Premier launched its first Indian made cars and trucks, a Plymouth car and a Dodge Truck. In October 2009, Premier re-entered the Indian car market and introduced India’s first compact diesel SUV named the Rio. If you own and drive any Premier models to date, we are sure you might be searching for the right buyer to sell a premier used car to get the right deal price.
Quick facts about Premier
- The company was incorporated in Mumbai in the year 1944 and was the first automotive company in free India.
- The company changed its name to Premier Ltd., from Premier Automobile Ltd.
- The company focuses on two core businesses – Automotive and Engineering.
- During 1949, the company manufactured parts of the vehicles, starting from simpler components to gradually building up more complex parts.
- During the 1990s, the company licensed and manufactured the Fiat 1100 D later known as ‘Fiat Padmini’.
- Premier Padmini was very popular in the nineties era. It had a long production run till 2003. One can still find the Premier old car, Fiat Padmini, on the busy streets of Mumbai.
- In 2004, the company was awarded the ‘IT Power User Award’, at the CIOL SMB forum networking.
- On 10 February 2005, the company launched Sigma, Roadstar.
- In 2009, the company launched its first compact diesel SUV named Rio in India.
- Premier also wins The Fie Foundation Award at IMTEX 2011.
Premier - Resale Value
The premier car has an illustrious past and was founded way back in the year 1944. Due to this, people have an emotional attachment to their cars. Especially Fiat Premier Padmini was the bestselling car of that era during the mid-‘90s. One can still find the Fiat Padmini taxis, popularly known as the Mumbai’s iconic ‘kaali peeli’ taxi, on the busy streets of the commercial capital. Being so old yet iconic, the Premier used cars still manages to sell at a pretty good resale price.
So, how will you come to know the resale value for your pre-owned premier car? Well, there are many ways to it. Either you go to the market and do some research yourself or you may visit any online valuation tool and get a fair idea about the price. But these tools sometimes show you a hyped price than the actual market rate and going to the market to find the actual price is a tedious and time-consuming task. And still, after this tiresome activity, you may end up selling your car with an unrealistic price that you did not ask for.
Current Premier Cars in India
After Padmini, Premier entered the Indian passenger vehicle market again, launching India’s first sub-4 meter compact SUV named Rio in the year 2009. The car is priced between Rs 5-8 lakh and comes with many different variants, colors, and features. Following is the list of different variants offered under the Premier Rio model lineup.
• Premier Rio Petrol GX
• Premier Rio DX
• Premier Rio GX Beieg Interior
• Premier Rio Petrol GLX
• Premier Rio CRDi4 DX
• Premier Rio DX Beige Interior
• Premier Rio CRDi4 LX
• Premier Rio LX
Premier Automobile Ltd. is the first automotive company in India established prior to independence in the year 1944. Its main objective was to manufacture passenger cars, trucks and bus chassis, industrial/marine engines and air conditioners. Premier started its production soon after the independence and launched Plymouth cars and Dodge Trucks, partnering along with Chrysler Corporation of the United States. After the launch of Premier Fiat Padmini, the Premier as a company earned a renowned name in the automobile industry in India. In 2004, it launched a small diesel powered van called Premier Sigma and a pick-up version of the same later called the Premier Roadstar. In 2009, it entered the market again by launching Rio.
Premier – What Makes It Unique?
If you own a Premier car and want to sell the premier pre-owned car in India, you must know what makes it unique to strike a better resale deal.
- Low maintenance costs: Car’s maintenance is something you cannot avoid. You may find other cars which command low maintenance costs, but Premier definitely stands out from the rest.
- Sturdily built: Premier cars possess robust and solid built quality and hence are considered quite safe for the occupants.
- Large boot and cabin space: The boot and cabin space offered is quite spacious for weekend trip belongings, while the head room and leg room is sufficient for adult occupants. Especially in Mumbai, you will find Premier cars used as taxis for computation purpose.
- Resale value: Premier cars especially, Fiat Padmini, has good resale value when you want to sell a premier second-hand car in the used car market. Its low and easy maintenance sturdily built design and enough cabin room for traveling and carrying baggage makes it unique in the second-hand market.
- Commands heritage value: The Premier cars possess cult following among the vintage car lovers in the country. The iconic car is still considered as head turner on the Indian roads and verily attracts every eye.
Sell Used Premier Cars in India
So, if you own a Premier brand car in India and want to sell it for some reason or the other, do not worry anymore. We, at CARS24, are a one-stop solution for you to sell your cars in India. To serve our customers better, we have several used premier car showrooms in India, with 101 branches in as many as 18 different cities. Our goal is to offer you the best and guaranteed price for your car and make your selling process easy, safe and hassle-free.
Selling cars with CARS24 can be done in a few simple steps. First, you visit our website and enter your car details to know the estimated quote from our used premier car valuation tool. Further, book an appointment and visit our branch in your preferred city, with the related documents for the free inspection of your car. On the basis of the evaluation report, we offer you the final best price for your car. Once you accept our offer, we instantly transfer the payment amount in your bank and take care of all the requisite paperwork, which also includes RC transfer for free.