Renault is a French automaker headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt that manufacturers automobiles such as cars, vans, trucks, farm machinery, industrial machinery, and many automotive spare parts like engines, tools etc. In the country, Renault India Pvt. Ltd., is a subsidiary company and currently offers five car models in India i.e.
- Renault Scala sedan
- Renault Duster SUV
- Renault Lodgy MPV
- Renault Pulse Hatchback
- Renault KWID Entry-Level
Renault has developed an innovative approach related to virtual showrooms and some specific phone apps. In recent years, Renault has come up with new car models which are doing really great in the Indian auto market, and as a result, has increased the resale value of the Renault used cars.
Quick Facts about Renault
- The leading French automobile brand is ranked third in the European market and ninth in the overall world as of 2011.
- The government of France has a stake of 15% in Renault.
- In the global automobile group’s list, an alliance of the Renault-Nissan is at the fourth position.
- The time, effort, resources are being effectively invested in the development of electric cars since 2011.
- In the world of motorsport, Renault has a very important role. It has a track record with Formula 1.
- In the year 2005, its subsidiary was set up as Renault India Private Limited and later on a joint venture with the name ‘Mahindra Renault’ was introduced. This joint venture came up with Logan sedan in the country.
- In September 2008, fifth global design studio was opened by Renault in Mumbai.
- As per 2015 stats, there are 175 dealerships in 16 cities which are spread across 9 states and 2 union territories in India.
- In the year 2011, the premium sedan Renault Fluence was launched in India. And in the same year, an announcement of the localization of the Renault K9K diesel engine was done.
- The Kwid was launched in 2015, with the starting price of Rs 2.56 lakh.
- As of now, the Renault group continues to be the state-owned company.
Renault – Resale Value
When we talk about cars in India, in recent times no other car brand has created the sensation in the SUV segment as the Renault Duster did. Even the entry-level hatch Kwid has been doing great in the automobile market. Due to the popularity of the Renault brand cars among the masses, the value of the Renault pre-owned cars in India is also high. The Renault saw an opportunity in the market as its stylish and urbane SUV was high priced aptly. Furthermore, the demand for the Renault pre-owned cars has seen a climb as buyers, who can’t afford to buy the new Renault car opt for Renault second-hand cars.
The Renault Pulse hatch on the other hand, if used for two years, is being charged to the depreciation for about 20% to 30% of the original cost (Rs 6-8 lakh). Therefore, the Renault resale value will go up to Rs 3 to 4.5 lakh, which depends upon the variant and the features of the vehicle. The resale value can be calculated using the online tools available on websites like CARS24.
Renault entered the Indian market in the year 2005 and since then there has been no looking back. The alliance was formed in 2008, between the Renault and Nissan. The alliance signed the memorandum of understanding with the government of Tamil Nadu, for setting up the manufacturing plant near Chennai. There were many milestones achieved by the company. Moreover, the launch of SUV-ish looking Kwid witnessed a steep rise by registering a thumping 160% growth in domestic sales.
Renault – What Makes It Unique?
Backed by a progressive heritage yet always looking forward, Renault constantly endeavors to drive the change. With the glorious history of 115 years, Renault manufactures vehicles which are being appreciated universally as they are adaptable to the need and lifestyle of the masses. The uniqueness of the brand is because of the three pillars it works on: innovate, seduce and inspire the future range.
The aspects that make Renault unique are :
- Imposing instance and dynamic performance, which gives the Renault cars desired popularity resulting in the increase of the Renault resale value.
- The French automobile firm seizes best in class technological advancements, which gives the people a chance to sell Renault used cars in India at high prices.
- The convenience and most comfortable seating result in the popularity of the brand, especially among the youth because they strive for comfort. These factors result in the increase of the value for the Renault pre-owned cars in India.
- The company manufactures vehicles which are people-centric, unique and popular, causing a hike in the value of Renault second-hand cars in India.
Current Renault Cars in India - Listing of Renault cars
Various available Renault models in India are :
• Renault KWID, starting from Rs 2.67 lakh to Rs 4.60 lakh, 799 cc, 25 kmpl, petrol, automatic and available in 8 variants.
• Renault Duster, starting from Rs 7.99 lakh, 1461 cc, 19 kmpl, diesel/petrol automatic and available in 11 variants.
• Renault Captur, starting from Rs 10 lakh, 1498 cc, 13 kmpl, petrol/diesel, available in 7 different variants.
• Renault Lodgy, starting from Rs 8.63 lakh, 1461 cc, 21 kmpl, diesel, available in 10 different variants.
*All prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.
Sell used Renault Cars in India
While looking for a car, the Indian youth today is attracted towards classy looks, powerful engines, and comfortable interiors. The cars developed by Renault feature all these qualities. However, as the price for a new Renault car is not something that may fit in everyone’s pocket, especially for the youth. Therefore, the demand for Renault second-hand cars is always on the higher side. There are many platforms, like CARS24, available to buy a pre-owned vehicle, as they provide hassle free services with respect to the sale of the used vehicle. For consumer’s convenience, the Renault resale value can be estimated using the calculator available on the CARS24 website. The value anyone gets for their Renault used cars in India is quite good and sensible due to the best evaluation by CARS24.