Coming from the stable of UV giant Tata Motors, the Tata Hexa was launched in India in January 2017. It is a mid-sized SUV with a seating capacity of 6+ passengers. This premium car has only completed two years in the market; however, the sales figures for the car are pretty decent. It is mainly a tweaked version of the Tata Aria and can be said to be a replacement of it, but it has been given a sporty character in its design, making it stand out from the crowd. Tata Hexa’s rivals in its segment are the Mahindra XUV500 and the Toyota Innova Crysta, however, this premium SUV leads the competition in terms of size and spaciousness. Tata Hexa did fairly in the Indian automobile market and was praised by all for being high on features. However, the car did not live up to its expectations despite being extremely rich in features. As people want feature-rich cars, a used Tata Hexa will fare well for the person in the second-hand market looking to sell used Tata Hexa car.
Sell used Tata Hexa in India
Tata Hexa was a decent car right from the start and came loaded with features. People were amused with the numerous offerings of the car within its price range and it did well for Tata Motors. It was in high demand, especially the automatic variants of the car. In India, it generally happens that people sell off their old cars after five years of ownership to trade them for newer versions. Such a car, which is five years old, would have typically covered a distance of 60,000-80,000 km, and that leaves ample of life for the next buyer. The new owner may easily drive it up to 1, 50,000 km of distance without any trouble. Likewise, you may too sell Tata Hexa second hand and upgrade to a higher segment and enjoy multiple benefits. As the value of your Tata Hexa used car has already depreciated by 20% when it stepped out of the showroom, and it will continue to do so at 10% annually, so it is better to sell old Tata Hexa while you can and get a great value before its value dips completely.
Moreover, as the Indian government will implement the BSVI pollution norm from 2020, you may not get a great value for your used Hexa after that, so, be smart and sell pre-owned Tata Hexa at the earliest to not lose out on a considerable amount of money. When you will get a fair amount for your Tata Hexa second hand, you may buy a new car with it, which will be equipped with the latest technology and safety features. Furthermore, as your second hand, Hexa has a diesel engine, it should be sold even faster as diesel engines have a shorter engine life.
Resale value of Tata Hexa
Whether an old Tata Hexa will have a great resale value or not, will be determined by a number of factors. The maintenance cost plays a great role, and as the Hexa bears a Tata Motors badge, it automatically means the maintenance cost of your Tata Hexa second-hand car will be on the lower side. Moreover, the high-end versions and sober colours like blue, white, silver get more takers in comparison to low-end versions and bright colours like yellow, green and more. As the pre-owned Tata Hexa is a production of Tata Motors, it has a great brand value and the after-sales network is also great.
On the other hand, you may also enhance the resale value of your car by keeping it in good condition from the first day. Make sure to get proper servicing done at regular intervals plus check-ups so that its conditions speak for itself. Also, the documents and paperwork of your car must be kept ready with you, including the RC, insurance, bills and more, to close the deal convincingly. The top sellers of Tata Motors in the used car market are the Safari, Tiago, Indica, and Indigo. The estimated valuation of these cars after five years and running for 50,000-70,000 km amounts to Rs. 5.00 lakh - Rs. 5.25 lakh approximately for Tata Safari. The Tata Indica value rounds about to Rs. 1.20 lakh - Rs. 1.60 lakh and Tata Indigo totals to Rs. 1.60 lakh - Rs. 1.95 lakh. The Tata Tiago would roughly cost between Rs. 3.80 lakh to Rs. 4.10 lakh.
Quick Facts about Tata Hexa
- Tata Hexa was first unveiled in 2016 at the Auto Expo in India.
- The Hexa received 3,000 bookings within one month of its launch.
- Tata Hexa won the award for the compact SUV/crossover of the year after its launch.
- It was built on the IMPACT design language of Tata Motors.
- As Tata Hexa is a replacement of Aria, it is based on the same platform as Aria, with a new design.
- Tata Hexa comes with a hill-descent control, mostly common in Range Rovers.
What makes Tata Hexa unique?
- Design - Following the Impact design language, Tata Hexa is gorgeously finished giving out a really grand look.
- Interior - The interior has that premium spirit with a sporty feel. The all-black interior looks stunning with multiple utility spaces.
- Infotainment - It has a wide set of features with a 5-inch touchscreen system that offers full entertainment with a 10-speaker JBL system.
- Exterior - The muscular appearance displays what the SUV is all about and comes with a dual-colour bumper and LED brake lights.
- Drive Quality - It offers premium drive quality with its responsive brakes and the super drive modes of Auto, Dynamic, Comfort and rough road configurations.
Current Tata Hexa Listings - List of all Tata Hexa Variants in India
Tata Hexa comes with a diesel engine of 2.2L and generates 156bhp and produces a torque of 400 Nm. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission along with an automatic variant as well, which has all the ‘Super driving modes’. The diesel variants are:
- Tata Hexa XE
- Tata Hexa XM
- Tata Hexa XMA
- Tata Hexa XT
- Tata Hexa XT 4X4
- Tata Hexa XTA