Tata Motors launched their long awaited the most affordable hatchback, Tata Nano in 2008. Tata Nano was produced with a vision to provide mass segment a chance to own a car which fits their budget. It became quite famous after its launch and was also commonly known as the ‘1-lakh car’. Tata Motors launched the facelift version of the Nano in 2015 known as the Tata GenX Nano. It has been in the Indian market for more than a decade. Developed with a mission to build a “people’s car”, the Nano rivals some of the toughest in the race which includes the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Renault Kwid and Hyundai EON. However, Tata Nano offers ease of driving like no other and is the most economical amongst the lot.
Tata Nano got a mixed response from the Indian audience. The car sales did have a nice start, but eventually started declining. Although it was reasonable, it was not affordable enough for bike owners and not enriched enough in safety features for others. However, a used Nano car is preferred more in the second-hand market due to its pricing and if you are looking to sell used Tata Nano car, you can easily do so with Cars24, and get the best value possible.
Sell used Tata Nano car in India
Tata Nano gave the Indian automobile market, it’s first ever most affordable car, which went on to be popularly called as the ‘1-lakh car’, as the pricing is what appealed the most to people. It turned the dream of middle-class Indian families of owning a car at such a reasonable price. It is the tendency of the majority of the Indian car owners to sell or upgrade their car after five years of ownership, making the second-hand market quite vast in the country. A five-year-old car typically covers around 60,000-80,000 km of distance and looking at this estimate, this leaves ample of life for the next buyer to drive it up to 1,50,000 km. You should too sell used Tata cars and upgrade to a better and higher version with the latest safety and technological features.
The value of your Tata Nano used car depreciates by 20 percent when it comes on the road, and keeps on depreciating annually by 10 percent, so timing is the key when you go out in the market to sell it. Make sure you sell second hand Tata Nano car within the right time to fetch a great deal. Moreover, the pollution norms are constantly changing and the new one will arrive till 2020, so it’s advised to sell second-hand Nano car before that and get a decent value while you can.
Resale Value of Tata Nano Car
There are multiple factors which define the price of your Nano car second hand and you should bear them in mind to bag a fair deal. The resale value may fluctuate depending on the current discounts being offered on the new Tata Nano. So, always try to sell your old Nano car at the time when there are no discounts or special offers on the new model. Your car’s version and shade also play an important role when you decide to sell pre-owned Nano cars. Higher versions and shades like white, silver, blue get more takers as compared to low-end versions and bright colours. You may also enhance the resale value of your Tata Nano car second hand by keeping it maintained from day one through timely servicing and check-ups. Always remember to keep a ready set of documents including the important paperwork which may be important when closing the deal.
The top four models of Tata Motors in the used car market are the Safari, Indica, Indigo and the Tiago. The estimated valuation of these cars after five years and running for 50,000-70,000 km amounts to Rs. 5.00 lakh - Rs. 5.25 lakh approximately for Tata Safari. The Tata Indica roundabout to Rs. 1.20 lakh - Rs. 1.60 lakh and Tata Indigo totals to Rs. 1.60 lakh - Rs. 1.95 lakh. The Tata Tiago would roughly cost between Rs. 3.80 lakh to Rs. 4.1 lakh.
Quick Facts about Tata Nano
- Tata Nano was first publicly showcased at the 9th Auto Expo in New Delhi in 2008.
- Tata Nano holds the title of the cheapest car in the world given by Guinness Book of World Records.
- Tata Nano was crowned as the ‘most trusted hatchback car’ of India in 2014 by the Brand Test Report.
- Nano means ‘small’ in the Gujarati language, which is the mother tongue of the owner, Ratan Tata.
What makes it Unique?
- Spacious - Tata Nano may look smaller from the outside, but it is quite spacious from inside in terms of leg room, shoulder room, head room for both driver and passenger.
- Value for Money - Labelled as the cheapest car in the world, the Nano gives all the essential features required in it within the price range.
- Ground Clearance - It gives an impressive ground clearance of 180 mm, more than most of the cars in its segment.
- Ease of Driving - The Nano is designed in a way to tackle the roads well and offers complete ease of driving.
- Low Maintenance - It has many cost-cutting features like fuel insert from the bonnet, non-open-able boot, plastic with adhesives and others, making it low maintenance.
Current Tata Nano Car Listings
Tata Nano comes with a petrol and CNG engine. The petrol has an engine capacity of 624 cc along with 37 bhp and a torque of 51 Nm and the CNG engine has a capacity of 624 cc and a maximum power of 32 bhp and 45 Nm. The engines are coupled with a 5-speed manual transmission gearbox. The petrol powered variants are:
• Tata Nano STD
• Tata Nano CX
• Tata Nano LX
• Tata Nano XT TWIST
The CNG variant is:
• Tata Nano CNG XM