Volkswagen in German simply means ‘people's car’ which is also its current tagline. It stood at the fourth place in the list of most prominent cars of the 20th century at the competition of Car of the Century in 1999, for their Volkswagen Type 1 'Beetle’, which is one of the most popular cars in VW’s history.
Volkswagen’s cars have won three times at the award function of European Car of the Year. It was the Volkswagen Golf, Volkswagen Polo and again the Volkswagen Golf in the years 1992, 2010 and 2013, respectively. Volkswagen is often termed as the ‘common man’s’ car in Germany and is one of the most popular brands in its home country. Even in India, the German carmaker has earned a reputation of a quality automaker. Due to its long lasting quality, Volkswagen used cars are also in demand, not very high though.
Quick Facts about Volkswagen
- Volkswagen runs a museum devoted to the company’s history ever since 1965, known as the Volkswagen AutoMuseum situated in Wolfsburg.
- It launched the circuit racing in 1963 known as Formula Vee in the US, from cars which were assembled with parts of the Beetle, which later extended to Europe plus other parts as it became quite renowned for an inexpensive way into formula racing.
- Volkswagen established the ADAC Lupo Cup which was retitled in 2003 as the Polo Cup and finally as the Scirocco R-Cup from 2010-2014 in Europe.
- In 2000, Volkswagen began the ADAC New Beetle Cup in England.
- The Volkswagen Titan Truck of the company in 2004 participated in the European Truck Racing and won the championship for two years consecutively.
Resale Value - Volkswagen
The resale value of a Volkswagen depends on a number of factors including the model, its condition and the number of kilometers it has covered. Its cars are known for their excellent quality and thus, a used Volkswagen to attracts a decent resale value. Its entry-level hatchback, the Polo can be had for a price anywhere between Rs. 3.5 lakh to Rs. 4.5 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs. 4.5lakh to Rs. 6 lakh for the diesel variant if you search for Volkswagen second-hand cars. Buying a new car is an emotional and financial decision and hence it is important to know all the aspects. A new Volkswagen car depreciates quickly in the first 3 years. Rarely any customer would stick to their old Volkswagen car perennially.
Resale of a Volkswagen used cars in India depends on how less trouble it would be to the new buyer. Volkswagen has a very good service network which is present in most of the key cities of the country. Though it’s not outrightly successful in this part of the world it’s doing fairly well. As people have notions like its maintenance and spare parts are costlier, the Volkswagen resale value isn’t very great. You can expect a return of 60–65% after 2 years of usage but it all depends on various other factors. So, if you wish to sell Volkswagen used car in a very short time, get ready to wait as you are highly unlikely to find a buyer unless you come to CARS24, which buys cars almost instantly.
Current Volkswagen Cars in India - Listing of Volkswagen Cars
Volkswagen cars are available in all the voluminous segments of the country except for the entry-level hatchback and compact SUV segments. Here are the Volkswagen car models currently on sale in India.
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Ameo
- Volkswagen Vento
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volkswagen GTI
The German government in 1937, which was then ruled by Adolf Hitler, who belonged to the National Socialist Party, created a new auto enterprise which was named as Gezuvor but later went on to be retitled as a merely Volkswagenwerk or else ‘The People’s Car Company’.
Hitler hired an automotive engineer from Austria known as Ferdinand Porsche to design the ‘people’s car’ and at a rally of Nazi’s in 1938, Hitler stated how the car has been manufactured for the mass segment and it was driven with a vision to offer them an expedient way of conveyance.
After 12 years, the Volkswagen Beetle beat the age-old global record established by Ford Motor Company of 15 million vehicles for its acclaimed Model T in the middle of the years of 1908 plus 1927.
Volkswagen - What makes it unique?
- Volkswagen has been providing the world with fresh, groundbreaking ideas on a regular basis in terms of technology since 1937.
- They top the list of most money spent on R&D in automobiles, with $13.5 billion spent between 2013 and 2014 alone.
- Volkswagen has partnerships with nearly 30 other manufacturers in its group and it manages to save costs without reducing the unique personality of any of their cars.
- In 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada they introduced the Golf R Touch concept and made it a trendsetter.
- While the Volkswagen car might look ordinary on the outside, it holds the possible key to the future of vehicle control and is very efficient in its run.
- More than 1 out of every 10 cars sold in 2014 belonged to a Volkswagen Group brand. Volkswagen sold more than 10.2 million vehicles the same year.
- Till 2014, Volkswagen employed nearly 600,000 workers, making it one of the biggest employers in the world.
Sell Used Volkswagen Cars in India
CARS24 is the most convenient way of selling your used Volkswagen in India. You are not going to find a better option. You come to our branch, sell your used Volkswagen and get paid for it – all within no time. We will even take the responsibility of transferring the ownership on us. We are changing the way people sell their cars in India. If you wish to sell your used Volkswagen make it a hassle-free and safe experience!
Now, you can get your Volkswagen pre-owned car evaluated through CARS24 and get the best possible price for it. It is a lifetime experience with transparent deals, smooth process and hassle-free selling in a single day. CARS24 is India’s preferred place to sell second-hand Volkswagen with a great value as our customer service and user experience is top-notch.