Home to modern architecture, happening nightlife and lavish shopping scenes, Dubai is mesmerizing enough to take your breath away. You'll indeed attempt to drive those stunning Dubai roads with lots of thrill and fun. However, you must not ignore its traffic rules and regulations.
Therefore, we at Cars24 will take you for an ultimate informative ride about checking Dubai traffic fines, different payment methods, and where you can close your case. So without any delay, let's dive in.
Read More : 5 Tips for First-Time Car Buyers in Dubai
How To Check Dubai Traffic Fines?
In case you're wondering where to know more about Dubai Traffic Fines, then we've got you sorted. You might have many questions, but the process has become much more convenient and hassle-free thanks to ever-changing technology. The government has made significant efforts to make the process all the safer and more transparent. Below we mention some ways by which you can understand how to do your Dubai traffic fine check.
Method 1: Dubai Fine Check Through Police Website
In order to serve its residents efficiently, Dubai Police have learnt ways to adopt new technology. As a result, motorists can be one step ahead about Dubai Traffic fines inquiries and associated black points that require clearance. Here's how to access the website and follow the steps easily.
- Search for Dubai Police website: The first step to accessing the website about fine enquiries is browsing the web through your smartphone.
- Access the Dubai traffic fines: You can easily do a Dubai fine check by selecting the 'services tab', where you can find the traffic fines section. After choosing the fines, you can view them in detail.
- List down all the information asked: You will need to enter details regarding three things here:-
- Licence number
- Plate number
- Traffic file number
- Fine number
- Make the payment: You will be redirected to the transaction page to carry out the Dubai fine payment process according to payment options like debit or credit cards.
- Inquire any other details: Additionally, you can keep track of your fines and inquire about further information like permits or vehicle report status since it's free of cost.
Read More : How to Transfer Ownership When You Sell Any Car
Method 2: Dubai Fine Check Through RTA Website
Apart from constructing and upgrading the infrastructure, RTA, short for Road and Transport Authority, constantly aims to help riders pay Dubai Traffic fines most effectively. You can follow a few straightforward steps to check for any outstanding charges.
- Visit the RTA website: The first step is visiting the website or downloading the app from your smartphone or any other device.
- Navigate through the fines section: You can examine any Dubai police fines quickly if you locate the fines payment section.
- Enter the required details: The software asks you to enter vital information the RTA requires, like vehicle details or Emirates ID.
- Choose your payment mode: You will be redirected to the payments page to do a credit or debit card or online banking transaction.
- Check your confirmation notification: Once the Dubai traffic fine check is done, you will receive an official message from the RTA regarding successful payment.
Method 3: Dubai Fine Check Through Traffic Department
If you feel challenged by technology, you can also visit the nearest traffic department to check and pay Dubai Traffic fines. It could be a long process compared to the online methods. Yet, Dubai traffic police will be at your service to ease any discomfort. Here's how you can do it.
- Enquire about your nearest Traffic department: Make sure to visit the department nearby and check for any fines or penalties.
- Keep your details handy: Ask the information desk where you can do the Dubai traffic fine check listed under your name.
- Pay the penalties: The customer representative will help you complete the entire process hassle-free.
- Ask your additional queries: If you have questions, you can rely on the Dubai Police Traffic Department to assist you.
Read More : Road Signs in the UAE
Significant Traffic Violations To Keep In Mind
Whether you're a citizen of Dubai or a tourist visiting the city, always be alert to the essential rules levied by the traffic department. Those will enable you to avoid any mishaps in the future. A few common Dubai fines in terms of traffic are mentioned below.
Various roads have different speed limits issued. Bear in mind to stay alert; otherwise, you'll end up paying a massive amount, alongside facing severe legal action.
- Exceeding the limit by 10-30 Km/hr - 600 AED fine
- Exceeding the limit by 60 Km/hr - 1500 AED fine
- Exceeding the limit by 80 Km/hr - 2000 AED fine
While driving, make sure to put on your seatbelts and have a memorable experience. Else, consequences can be dire. You will be imposed a 400 AED fine and four black points for such violations.
Parking could be a menace to others in Dubai if not addressed correctly. Below we mention the parking fines issued according to the traffic laws in Dubai.
- Parking in a way causing disturbance to others - 500 AED
- Parking in front of a fire hydrant - 1000 AED
Using a Phone While Driving
It's important to stay alert on the roads to avoid any accidents. If the driver is distracted, they are likely to cause problems for others. The fines imposed for using a phone while driving is 400 AED and four black points.
Crossing a Red Light
Make sure to follow all traffic rules because jumping a red light can cause a hefty fine of 1000 AED and 12 black points. Additionally, the traffic police may seize your vehicle for a period of 30 days.
Also read: Road Signs in the UAE
How to Pay Fines Online Dubai Police Website
You don't have to pay hefty Dubai traffic fines now. Authorities in the Dubai government have made the traffic fine payment simple for its citizens because of rapid technology improvements and digitisation of processes. Here's how you can pay your Dubai Traffic fines online quickly.
Step 1: Download the official Dubai Police App - If you have access to a smartphone, be it Apple or iOS, you can download the app through the relevant app store.
Step 2: Look for the Services Tab in the homepage section - The official homepage will come with services having many options. You need to select the tab you're looking for.
Step 3: Click on to search your fines through details - You can search for any details you require by listing your plate number, licence number, traffic code or Emirates ID.
Step 4: Select the fine payment option listed under Traffic fines - Dubai fine payment can occur through various methods - Debit/credit card, net banking, etc.
Step 5: Clear your fines by making the payment - You will receive a transaction payment message once it's cleared.
Paying Dubai Traffic Fines Using Emirate Vehicle Gate Website App
The government has been taking necessary steps to make Dubai a safe and better living place. Be it adopting sustainability practices or making vehicle-related services easy to access, adopting a technological mindset is essential.
Therefore, the Emirate Vehicle Gate has been a blessing in disguise for paying Dubai traffic fines. The app is designed to access all vehicle service-related queries like insurance, infractions, and licence information.
- Click on the Home tab section: First, download the EVG app and search for the Home tab section on the top left corner of the app.
- Search for the pay fines section: The traffic fines section is under the Home tab.
- Search according to the information: Enter necessary details like vehicle plate number, licence number or traffic code to access your fines.
- Pay your pending fines: Use methods like a credit card, debit card or online banking to complete the transaction process.
- Keep your receipt handy: You will receive your receipt in your registered mobile number as a message. Store it for future evidence.
Embracing the EVG App is essential to save time and money in a fast-paced world. Paying your Dubai Traffic fines couldn't be easier. We hope such detailed steps will help you become tech-savvy and responsible citizens.
Read More : Budget SUVs in the UAE
Paying Dubai Traffic Fines Using the MOI App
Recently the Dubai government launched the MOI (Ministry Of Interior) App to guide citizens about various traffic laws and pay their traffic fines timely. You can access the smart app for multiple services regardless of your location.
The app's design ensures optimal usage and information confidentiality for its users. It's safe, secure and easy to use. Try the following steps to realise it.
- Download the app from the store- Take the first step by downloading the application from your app store.
- Log in using the necessary details- Enter your name, mobile number and email ID to create an account. You can use this for the future too.
- Search for 'Traffic fine payment'- Carry out the 'Dubai traffic fine payment' process by searching services > traffic services > traffic fines payment section.
- Choose your search method- You can use your traffic code number, licence number or Emirates ID to search for the option.
- Know about your charges- The MOI app will automatically show you discounted rates if applicable to your fines.
- Pay the penalty- After selecting the fine, click the 'tap' button to complete the payment.
Take your step to become a responsible citizen. It's paramount to follow all traffic rules and abide by them to enjoy a hassle-free driving experience. We're sure this step-by-step guide would have been helpful to make you understand Dubai traffic fines and how to do it online, leveraging both offline and online ways. Stay tuned to Cars24 for more vehicle-related information and tips.
Can I Pay My Traffic Fines Online in Dubai?
It could be a complicated task if you do it offline, but the Dubai Police have made it possible for all motorists to pay the fines online. You can do it via the Dubai Police website or the app. All you need is to provide all the details, check the penalties under your name, and process your payment.
Can I leave UAE with traffic fines?
No, you definitely cannot leave if you have unpaid Dubai Traffic fines. The government has imposed strict regulations regarding such laws. You must clear your dues or appeal to the court for your departure for travelling with imposed fines. Therefore it's recommended to keep your licence valid under such circumstances.
Is there a discount on traffic fines in Dubai?
Yes, there is. Motorists can avail of a discount of 35% if the violation is committed within 60 days of the issued date. And you will get a 25% discount if the payment concludes within 60 days from the violation date.
What is the fine for beating the red light in Dubai?
Crossing a red light is a serious offence, and Dubai Government charges 1000 AED for the offenders. Additionally, there will be 12 black points listed under your vehicle for committing such a violation.