How To Pay Traffic Challan Online and Offline
With the traffic challan rates going up in recen times, the car and motorcycle users across the country have been worried about the hefty amounts they would have to pay in case they are found violating rule. Of course, the best way to keep yourself safe from paying heavy fines is to adhere to all sorts of rules. However, to err is human and one often actually ends up making a mistake that leads to an issuance of a traffic challan. Luckily, India has finally embraced the internet revolution and there’s a dedicated website by every state where one can make the E Challan payment.
Still, if you are among the many who have been wondering how to pay traffic challan online and offline, our latest guide should help you with the answers. It may be noted here that a person can visit any traffic police station in the city to pay the challan offline. On the other hand, E Challan payment can be made on the dedicated website of the official state transport website.
Also Read – How to remove Hypothecation from car RC book
Here’s How to pay Traffic Challan Online and Offline
Steps for Making E Challan Payment
- Step 1: Visit the official transport website of the state in which a challan has been issued to you
- Step 2: Once on the website, look for the dedicated section for the E Challan payment. Over here, you need to choose if you wish to pay for violation notices, parking charges or other fines.
- Step 3: Once you decide from the above options, click on the appropriate link and enter the required details that will be asked as per the type of traffic violation.
- Step 4: Over here, you need to enter the details of the car, including its registration number, old registration number (if any) and the challan tag number.
- Step 5: In the next step, you need to fill in the current outstanding amount.
- Step 6: Next, you can pay online through your master or visa credit/debit card.
- Step 7: Do fill the captcha field correctly before you finally click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Also Read – Delhi Police Penalizing Cab Drivers For Not Carrying Condoms! And No One Knows Why?
Steps for Paying Challan Offline
In case you do not wish to make an E Challan payment, you can visit any traffic police station in the city and making the payment in cash.
All Indian motorists can easily confirm if they have a challan pending in their name, along with the pending amount and other details, by using internet.
Also Read – New Motor Vehicle Act: Cops Will Now Wear Cameras To Record Instances Of Traffic Violations
Steps to Check Your Challan Status Online:
- Step 1: Visit the official website: echallan.praivahan.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on “Check Challan Status” section on the right-side menu
- Step 3: You’ll get redirected to a new page
- Step 4: Fill the required information and check your Challan status
Also Read – How to Get NOC from RTO – Step-by-Step Guidelines